- Check hold policy
Delta Community CU's Funds Availability Disclosure can be found in the Member/Savings Services Disclosures and Agreements by clicking here.
All types and amounts of checks are subject to hold.
Delta Community CU's general check hold guidelines are as follows:
General Policy: Funds from all deposits, except those identified below, will be immediately available for withdrawal by cash or check.
Drop Boxes: Funds deposited in a Delta Community Credit Union drop box will be processed and made available the day the deposit is removed from the box.
Holds: Delta Community Credit Union will place holds on checks over $3,000 deposited on any one day. $200 will be available immediately, and the remaining funds will be available on the second business day after the deposit was made.
Exceptions: Delta Community may place an extended hold on any check at our discretion, including cashier's, teller's or government checks. Any check type may be subject to an extended hold. $200 will be available immediately, and the remaining funds are generally available by the 7th business day after the deposit is made.
Refer to the complete Funds Availability Disclosure for additional information.
- Lost or stolen checks or account information
If my checks have been lost or stolen, do I need to close my account?
- Yes, since your checkbook is out of your possession, we recommend that you close your account to protect it from fraud. When the Checking Account is reopened, it will be assigned an entirely new account number. There should be no interruption of service with your Visa check card.
- If you do not want to close the account, we can place a stop payment on the missing checks if you can supply us with the check numbers. There is a $20.00 fee to stop a single check, a series of check numbers or a box of checks.
- We need to make you aware, that if someone has your checks, they can have new checks printed with your information and those checks could still clear your account if it is not closed and reopened. If your checks or cards have been stolen, a police report should be filed. This is a requirement of Delta Community CU's insurance provider.
- To request the Close and Reopen Forms log in to your account and access the secure Message Center.
- We also highly recommend keeping an eye on your credit report for a while.
can provide a free and confidential credit report review. Delta Community CU has provided access to financial counseling and education through BALANCE.
- For Identity Theft Protection, Members Insurance Advisors, LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Community CU can assist you with affordable services. Click here for enrollment or more information on Premier and Basic coverage.
- FAQs about Closing/Reopening your Checking Account
- I am closing and reopening my Checking Account due to stolen checks but I have checks that have not cleared yet. Will these be returned?
On the closed letter, you will complete a section that asks whether or not you have outstanding checks that need to clear. Any checks you list in this section will clear, assuming there are adequate available funds to cover them in your new Checking Account.
If you did not list those checks on the closed letter, then the checks will be returned as 'Lost/Stolen' or 'Closed Account' and a letter will be sent to you. If this is the case, you will need to contact the merchant. If a check is presented in person to be cashed, you may receive a phone call for verification and if the situation warrants, the local police will be called.
I have companies that automatically debit my account. Will those items be paid?
As with the outstanding checks, you will list any recurring or automatic debits on the form and we will know to allow these items to clear. As soon as you receive your new checking account number you will need to contact the company to give them your new information.
I have my paycheck deposited to this account. Do I need to advise my employer of my new checking account number?
Yes. Direct deposits will continue to be posted to your account but you still need to advise your employer of the change. We will give you ample time to notify your employer/originator of your new account number.
Will I be contacted if anyone tries to access my account information?
If someone tries to get information without proper verification, no information would be given. If the call center staff is uncomfortable or suspicious of a call, the Loss Prevention staff is notified.
Can I continue to use my check/debit card during the process? Will I be receiving a new card and PIN?
Yes, you can continue to use the same check/debit card for your checking account. No, generally you will not receive a new card and PIN. If there is no card fraud then there is no need to reissue a card or PIN for your new checking account. If you suspect someone has gotten access to your card information, please notify us immediately as we will need to take additional steps.
I have received last months statement but will I be able to recall my account history for the last 15 days or so?
You will have access to your past statements, but recent transactions will not be available until the next statement is published.
If you are enrolled in online banking we suggest that you print your recent transaction history from the MyCU page. Click on the H button in the 'Overview' box and select the desired start date. Once this is displayed, click on the 'Printer Friendly View' and click on your printer icon.
If you are not enrolled in online banking or do not have online banking access, please submit a request along with your Close/Reopen forms and we will be happy to provide this to you.
- Multiple Checking Accounts
- Can a member have more than one Checking Account?
Members with current accounts in good standing may request to open a second checking account. Upon review, an additional checking account may be approved.
You may submit your request by logging into your Online Banking account and sending us an email via your Message Center.
- College Student Checking Account and Visa Check Card
- How can a college student obtain a Checking Account and Visa Check Card?
To apply for a Checking Account and Visa Check Card, complete a Checking Account application. An applicant must be at least 16 years old to have a Checking Account. An adult joint owner is required until the member reaches age 18.
The Delta Community CU Visa Check Card gives you the protection of Visa and works like a plastic check. It's quicker and more convenient than a paper check. Use the Visa Check Card at merchants throughout the world anywhere you see the Visa logo. You can access your Online Banking account as well as service centers and ATM's throughout the country. Click here to access the Delta Community CU service center and ATM locations convenient to you.