- How to apply for a loan
- How do I apply for a loan or to refinance a loan from a different lender?
To be eligible to apply for a loan, you must be a primary member of the credit union. Joint owners must obtain their own account before applying for a loan. Membership can be applied for online.
The fastest way to apply for a loan is online. Log into your Online Banking account choose Apply for a loan in the Tools & Services section on the MyCU page. You may be preapproved within seconds.
You can also speak to a representative at 1-800-544-3328 or apply at any Delta Community CU branch office.
- Annual Car Sale
- When do you have car sales and what dealerships will be there?
Our Annual Spring Car Sale will be April, 26, 2014 from 9am - 3 pm at 1025 Virginia Avenue.
Choose from more than 300 new and used cars available through our relationship with Car Solutions, a car-buying service.
There will be plenty of food, drinks and giveaways for a fun celebration for the whole family.
A list of participating dealerships is not available since they vary.
- Salvaged title for car loans
- Does Delta Community CU accept salvaged titles for car loans?
We do not accept salvaged titles for car loans. If you qualify, you can take out a personal loan which later may be refinanced as an auto loan*. You can apply for the personal loan by logging into your Online Banking account and choosing Apply for a Loan in the Tools and Services section.
*In order to refinance the personal loan into an auto loan you must:
- Contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) for the necessary paperwork to change the title from "Salvaged" to "Rebuilt" or "Reconstructed" and pay any applicable fees.
- Have the vehicle inspected by a state certified inspector. This may be provided by your local DMV.
- Once the vehicle has been inspected, turn in the inspection paperwork to your local DMV along with the original "Salvaged" title. Delta Community CU must be listed as lien holder at this time.
- Once we receive the "Original" title (showing Rebuilt or Reconstructed) with Delta Community CU as lien holder, the personal loan can be refinanced as an auto loan. The auto loan rate will be the current rate at the time we receive the original title. A new loan agreement must be signed for the auto loan prior to the auto loan being opened and the personal loan being paid off and converted to a secured loan.
- Applying for the title on my car loan
Who is responsible for applying for the title on my car loan?
If you purchased your vehicle through a dealer, the dealer should apply for the title with Delta Community CU listed as lien holder, unless you live in a different state than where you purchased the car; then you are responsible for the title application through your local Tag Office. Be sure to list Delta Community CU as lien holder.
If you live in Georgia and you purchased your vehicle from an individual, you are responsible for the title application through your local Tag Office. Be sure to list Delta Community CU as lien holder. Effective March 1, 2013, the State of Georgia assesses a Tag Ad Valorem Tax (TAVT) based on the fair market value of the vehicle you are purchasing when you file your title and apply for your tag. This will be assessed in lieu of your annual Ad Valorem fee usually paid when your tag is renewed annually. The State of Georgia requires this filing to occur within 30 days of the purchase of your vehicle. You may incur additional penalties from the State of Georgia for failure to meet this requirement. If you are refinancing from another institution or you are using your vehicle as collateral to secure a loan and you have the title, Delta Community CU will apply for the title on your behalf. You will need to provide to Delta Community CU proof of county residence if it differs from that listed on your driver's license. Proof can be in the form of a tax bill, electric bill or water bill.
If you live outside of Georgia (other than NY) and you purchased your vehicle from an individual or you are using your vehicle as collateral or refinancing from another institution, you are responsible for the title application. Take the title to your local Department of Motor Vehicles or tag office and apply for the title in your name and have Delta Community CU listed as lien holder. After completing this, fax a copy of your title receipt showing Delta Community CU as lien holder to 404-677-4809.
Click here for the list of State Lien Codes/service codes
Please use the following information to have Delta Community CU registered as lien holder:
Delta Community Credit Union
1025 Virginia Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30354
If I am purchasing vehicle from a private seller and the seller has a loan on the vehicle, but lives in a state where they have electronic titles, which documents does the credit union need?
In a state with electronic titles, the owner would go to the DMV/Tag Office and receive a print out or gratis listing all of the pertinent title info (owners, VIN, lien-holder, etc.) Of course the 10 day pay off letter would still be obtained from the finance company.
I am a member of Delta Community CU and would like to apply for a car loan and have my mother on the title with me. Is this okay?
Any family member who is eligible for membership (mother, father, etc.) can be on the title with you. The primary member is responsible for the loan; so the primary member's name must appear on the title too.
- Car loan rates competitive with other financial institutions
- Are Delta Community CU car loan rates competitive with other financial institutions?
The Delta Community CU interest rates and dividend rates are competitive with most other lending institutions. There are 3 factors involved in determining the interest rates: 1) credit score, 2) term of loan, 3) loan type. Other financial institutions may use additional factors to determine rates. With so many variables, there is always an institution that will offer a lower rate on any given loan product, but overall, Delta Community CU tries to provide competitive rates on our portfolio as a whole, based on such criteria as mentioned above.