How can I make a transfer after I have exceeded Reg D?
To make a transfer after the Reg D has been exceeded, you can:
- Transfer the money at an ATM
- In person with a teller
- Mail in a request to transfer
What is Regulation D?
Reg D is a federal regulation that limits the number and type of withdrawals from Savings, Additional Savings or Money Market Accounts to six per month (per account).
What is the purpose of Regulation D?
The purpose of Reg D is to regulate the level of reserves a financial institution maintains. The required reserve amount for each financial institution is based on the balances it has in its transactional accounts, such as Checking Accounts.
What policy change is Delta Community making to comply with Reg D?
Effective May 1, 2013, overdrafts from Savings or Money Market Accounts to cover debit card transactions will be included in the six withdrawals permitted under Reg D. Therefore, debit card transactions that attempt to draw from Savings or Money Market Accounts when there are insufficient funds in checking - beyond the six permitted each month - will be denied, unless other forms of overdraft are set up on the account.
How does Reg D affect my account?
If you have a Delta Community Savings or Money Market Account and frequent withdrawals are made from any one of those accounts to cover overdrafts from your Checking Account, Reg D withdrawal limits could possibly result in denied debit card transactions on your account.
Click here for overdraft protection options.
What types of transactions are counted toward the 6 (six) Reg D withdrawals permitted each month?
- ACH transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to another Financial Institution or third party for payment by means of a preauthorized or automatic transfer, telephone agreement, order or instruction. (e.g. Audioline or Online Banking, etc.)
- Withdrawal checks issued from a Savings or Money Market Account via Audioline/Online Banking when made payable to a third party
- Audioline/Online Banking transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to any Delta Community Account
- Automatic transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to cover checks, ACH, or EFT (overdraft protection)
- Checking Account debit card transactions which overdraft from a Savings or Money Market Account when the funds in the Checking Account are insufficient.
- Recurring scheduled transfers from a Savings or Money Market Account to any other Delta Community Account.
What types of transactions are not counted toward the 6 (six) Reg D withdrawals permitted each month under Reg D?
- Withdrawal checks issued via Audioline/Online Banking when made payable to the member and mailed to the member
- Any transfer for the purpose of repaying a Delta Community CU loan
- Transfers among accounts of the same person when made by mail, ATM or in person
When does the Reg D counter reset?
The Reg D counter resets at the beginning of each month, bringing the debit card and the ACH/Draft counter back to zero.
If I have two Savings Accounts am I limited to 6 Reg D withdrawals for each account or 6 in total for both?
Each month you are permitted six Reg D withdrawals from each Savings Account.
Are Reg D withdrawals on other Savings Accounts counted towards the Reg D count for the Money Market Accounts?
No, each Reg D governed account is allowed 6 Reg D withdrawals per month.
Do ATM transfers from Savings and Money Market Accounts count toward Reg D?
No, ATM transfers will not count towards Reg D.