How do I add a joint owner to my account, and what services will this provide to them?
To add a joint owner to your account, you will need to complete the Update Services on the Membership Application/Signature Card.
The joint owner will be able to obtain information on the accounts they are listed under, and will have complete access to those specific account(s). In the event of death of the primary owner, the joint owner will become the primary owner of the account and the POD status does not change. The joint owner is not eligible to apply for a loan on the primary member's account and can only obtain information regarding the loan if the Loan Authorization form is filled out and returned to Delta Community CU.
The joint owner is not authorized to:
- Change an Audioline/online password
- Completely close the Savings Account
- Reopen any account
- Change the beneficiary or add another joint owner to the account
- Remove their name from the account on the Signature Card Modification form without the primary member's signature
- Open an Additional Savings Account, Certificate of Deposit or Money Market Account (they are authorized to close these accounts)
- Submit a Member to Member Transfer Authorization Request
- Apply for a loan