It’s comforting to know that your financial institution has your back when it comes to protecting your money. That is why Delta Community provides 24-hour fraud monitoring service and employs a number of tools and free benefits to help protect our members from fraud. In 2017, we prevented $4.75 million in potential fraud losses. Here are a few tools that we offer and a few steps you can take to keep yourself protected from card fraud
- Chip Card Technology: Delta Community’s Visa® Debit and Credit Cards are enhanced with smart chip technology. When used at chip-enabled terminals, a unique, one-time code is created for each transaction so it’s virtually impossible to replicate in a counterfeit card. Chip cards offer enhanced fraud protection, are accepted worldwide and are easy to use.
- Mobile Payments: By using Apple Pay®, Google Pay™ and Samsung Pay, you can securely make purchases in-store or with a touch in-app, without sharing your credit and debit card information with the merchant.
- Account Alerts: Sign up for Delta Community’s free Alerts & Notifications service by logging in to Online Banking and selecting Alerts and Notifications from the Account Management tab.
- Go Paperless: Consider signing up for Online Statements and eBills—they can’t be lost in the mail or stolen from your mailbox.
- Check Your Wallet: Carry only cards you need at any given time in case of theft or loss.
- Be ATM Aware: Use your hand to cover the ATM keypad when entering your PIN, even if no one is around. Thieves may conceal cameras on or near the ATM to capture your movements. Check ATMs for skimming devices before use. A skimming device is a small card reader that fits over the existing card reader and has the ability to save a user’s card number and PIN.
- Use Caution on Calls: Avoid giving out your credit, debit or any bank account number over the phone unless you initiate the call.
It’s important to keep your contact information updated, including your mobile phone number and email address, so we can reach you as quickly as possible if there is an issue with your account. Remember, if your card is lost or stolen, report it immediately by:
- Calling Delta Community in the U.S. or Canada at 800-544-3328, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Logging in to your Online Banking account, selecting the Additional Services tab and visiting the Card Management section. You can also submit a secure message.
- Visiting any Delta Community branch.
- Calling Visa collect at 410-581-9994 when travelling outside of the U.S. or Canada.