Together, Our Community Will Go Far
There are so many worthwhile causes in our community, and we’d like to help all of them. Since that’s unrealistic, we work with the ones that we believe our support will impact the most.
Here’s a full list of our community partners and what they do:
Junior Achievement BizTown
Delta Community is proud to partner with Georgia United Credit Union to provide a unique educational opportunity for students in and around Gwinnett County. Since 2015, the two credit unions have collaboratively presented a credit union storefront in the Junior Achievement Discovery Center in Gwinnett County.
Like existing JA Discovery Centers across the country, the Gwinnett location includes two hallmark programs: JA Finance Park and JA BizTown, where the credit union storefront is located.
JA BizTown is an interactive business center designed to enhance financial literacy and career readiness.
- Middle school students take on the role of employees, taxpayers or consumers to interact within a simulated economy
- Students receive job assignments and work in teams at their assigned businesses
- Each student completes a day’s work, develops a personal budget, and makes purchasing decisions
The new JA BizTown is located on the campus of Discovery High School and is part of the core curriculum for Gwinnett County middle schools, impacting thousands of students, teachers and volunteers each year.
Children’s Miracle Network through Credit Unions for Kids
Children’s Miracle Network (CMN) is a nonprofit alliance of 170 children’s hospitals that raises money for kids with diseases and injuries of any kind all over North America. Each year, they provide care, research and community outreach to millions of children. Delta Community locally supports Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta through a variety of sales and events throughout the year. Since 1998, we’ve raised more than $2 million for CMN.
Various Chambers Of Commerce
Facilitating community growth and developing local business alliances is so important to our community. That’s why Delta Community actively participates in these Chambers of Commerce:
- Alpharetta Chamber of Commerce
- ATL Airport Chamber of Commerce
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
- Clayton County Chamber of Commerce
- Cobb County Chamber of Commerce
- Conyers-Rockdale Chamber of Commerce
- Coweta County Chamber of Commerce
- DeKalb County Chamber of Commerce
- Douglas County Chamber of Commerce
- Fayette County Chamber of Commerce
- Metro Atlanta Chamber of Commerce
- Gwinnett County Chamber of Commerce
- Hall County Chamber of Commerce
- Henry County Chamber of Commerce
- Paulding Chamber of Commerce
- North Fulton County Chamber of Commerce
- Sandy Springs Chamber of Commerce
- Johns Creek Chamber of Commerce
Partners in Education
Delta Community currently serves as a Partner in Education (PIE) to 18 different schools near our various branches. We provide supplies, much-needed underwriting for teacher programs and volunteer hands-on assistance, as needed.