404-214-0722 x 107
Delta Community Credit Union Announces 2015 Philanthropic Fund Call for Applications
Aligns with Non-Profit Organizations to Improve Financial Well-Being of Communities it Serves
ATLANTA (May 1, 2014) – Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com), Georgia’s largest credit union, announces its annual call for applications for the Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund, a grant program which provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations. Through the Philanthropic Fund, Delta Community identifies and supports organizations that align with its mission of helping families manage their household finances and improving the physical and financial well-being of young people.
“We want to help as many people as possible, in the best way possible,” says Jai Rogers, vice president of business development at Delta Community. “Through the Philanthropic Fund, we focus our efforts in order to make a direct impact in the 11-county metro Atlanta region and in our out-of-state branch communities.”
Delta Community has committed to provide grants totaling $70,000 to 15 non-profit organizations in 2014. In 2015, Delta Community will increase its Philanthropic Fund grants to a total of $75,000 to support organizations that meet grant criteria.
One 2014 grant went to the YWCA of Greater Atlanta to support its Teen Girls in Technology initiative. “Delta Community’s Philanthropic Fund enabled us to provide educational enrichment to middle school girls in the critical studies of science, technology, engineering and math,” says Judy Brown-Fears, YWCA program manager. “TGI Tech is funded exclusively by donations, so Delta Community’s $10,000 grant was a vital component in its success.”
Grant Review Process
To submit an application for 2015, interested organizations can review the 2015 Philanthropic Fund grant guidelines at www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/PhilanthropicFund. The application deadline is June 30 at 5:00 p.m. All applicants will receive a written response by November 5, 2014.
Grant Guidelines include:
- Only registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the metro Atlanta, 11-county region and out-of-state branch communities in which Delta Community Credit Union does business are eligible to apply.
- Projects/Programs must take place within the 2015 calendar year following notification that the grant has been awarded.
- Unused grants must be returned by the end of the 12-month period.
- Organizations who have received funding through the Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Program must wait 12 months after notification of award before applying for additional grants through this program.
- Should your organization be awarded a Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Grant, you will need to submit an impact report at the close of your grant period. This document will highlight goals achieved, impact made and the return on investment (ROI) made by Delta Community and your organization.
For information regarding Delta Community’s Philanthropic Fund, including submitting an application, visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/PhilanthropicFund.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is Georgia’s largest credit union serving over 290,000 members. It was founded in 1940 and today serves the entire metro Atlanta area, including residents of the 11 surrounding counties and employees of top businesses, such as Delta Air Lines, Chick-fil-A, UPS and RaceTrac. Delta Community is a state-chartered credit union organized under the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, and its deposit accounts are federally insured through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. It chooses to operate as a not-for- profit credit union so it can give back earnings to its members and their local communities. Unlike a for-profit bank, Delta Community is owned by its members, not individual or institutional investors. Customers become member-owners when they open and maintain an account. Please visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to learn more or follow the credit union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deltacommunity and Twitter at @deltacommunity.