Sharon Renaud, Public Relations Manager
Delta Community Commits $80,000 to 17 Metro Atlanta Charities
Credit Union Announces New Philanthropic Fund Awards for 2016
ATLANTA (Nov. 9, 2015) – Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com), Georgia’s largest credit union with $4.8 billion in assets and more than 328,000 members, announces recipients of its third annual Philanthropic Fund grant program. The Credit Union pledges to invest a total of $80,000 to 17 organizations that benefit thousands of people throughout metro Atlanta.
“Our Philanthropic Fund awards allow us to demonstrate, in a meaningful way, our commitment to the communities we serve,” said Jai Rogers, Delta Community’s vice president of Business Development. “Each worthy recipient shares our goal to help families manage household finances and improve the physical and financial well-being of young people.”
The 2016 Philanthropic Fund grant recipients are:
- Atlanta Community Food Bank, Kids in Need Program
- Bloom Our Youth, The Bloom Closet
- C5 Georgia Youth Foundation
- Communities in Schools of Marietta/Cobb County
- Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School
- Georgia Chapter, Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation
- Girls Incorporated of Greater Atlanta, Economic Literacy Program
- Girls on the Run of Atlanta
- Habitat for Humanity in Atlanta, Inc.
- Habitat for Humanity of Northwest Metro Atlanta
- Hall-Dawson Court Appointed Special Advocate Program
- Hands On Atlanta, Inc.
- Moving in the Spirit
- North Fulton Community Charities
- Reach for Excellence
- Society of St. Vincent de Paul
- The Joseph Sams School, Inc.
The individual grants range from $1,000 to $7,500 and will be distributed to recipients throughout 2016. Delta Community actively supports organizations that are important to its members and employees. Visit our Community Program page for more information about the Credit Union’s community involvement and Philanthropic Fund.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with a mission of providing consumers better service and value on the deposit, loan, investment and insurance products they use to manage their household expenses and save for the future. Delta Community was founded in 1940 and has become Georgia’s largest credit union with $4.8 billion in assets and 26 branch locations. The Credit Union now welcomes residents of 11 metro Atlanta counties and employees of more than 150 businesses, including Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, RaceTrac and UPS. Visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to learn more about opening an account at Delta Community or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DeltaCommunity and Twitter at @DeltaCommunity.