Delta Community Credit Union Announces 3rd Annual Philanthropic Fund Application Period Opens for 2016 Grant Awards
ATLANTA (April 30, 2015) – Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com), Georgia’s largest credit union with $4.8 billion in assets and more than 315,000 members, announces a call for applications for the 2016 Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund. The grant program provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that align with Delta Community’s mission of helping families manage household finances and improving the physical and financial well-being of young people.
“Since its inception in 2013, the Delta Community Philanthropic Fund has invested in 45 non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial health of children and adults in metro Atlanta,” said Jai Rogers, vice president of business development at Delta Community. In 2016, we will increase the Philanthropic Fund and renew our commitment to supporting the communities we serve.”
“Thanks to a Philanthropic Fund grant, in 2014 The Bloom Closet was able to provide clothing and other vital resources to more than a thousand foster children in 60 Georgia counties,” said Bloom Executive Director Becky Davenport. “Delta Community allowed us to help more at-risk children than we ever dreamed possible.”
In 2016, Delta Community will provide grants totaling $80,000 to non-profit organizations that meet grant criteria.
Grant Review Process
To submit an application for a 2016 award, interested organizations can review the Philanthropic Fund grant guidelines at www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/PhilanthropicFund. The application window is from May 1 to June 30 at 5 p.m. All applicants will receive a written response by November 6, 2015.
Grant Guidelines include:
- Only registered 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the metro Atlanta, 11-county region and out-of-state branch communities in which Delta Community Credit Union does business are eligible to apply.
- Projects/Programs must take place within the 2016 calendar year following notification that the grant has been awarded.
- Unused grants must be returned by the end of the 12-month period.
- Organizations who have received funding through the Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Program must wait 12 months after notification of award before applying for additional grants through this program.
- Should your organization be awarded a Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Grant, you will need to submit an impact report at the close of your grant period. This document will highlight goals achieved, impact made and the return on investment (ROI) made by Delta Community and your organization.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with a mission of providing consumers better service and value on the deposit, loan, investment and insurance products they use to manage their household expenses and save for the future. Delta Community was founded in 1940 by eight employees of Delta Air Lines and has become Georgia’s largest credit union with $4.8 billion in assets and 26 convenient branch locations. In addition to serving Delta Air Lines’ employees, the Credit Union now welcomes residents of 11 metro Atlanta counties and employees of more than 140 other businesses, including Chick-fil-A, RaceTrac and UPS. Please visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to learn more about opening an account at Delta Community or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deltacommunity and Twitter at @deltacommunity.