Sharon Renaud, Public Relations Manager
Delta Community’s 15 Fast Financial Fixes for ‘15
Georgia’s largest Credit Union Suggests Realistic Recommendations for the New Year
ATLANTA, Jan. 7, 2015 – To help consumers start the New Year with a brighter financial future, Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com) provides fifteen fast financial fixes. Now more than ever, time is money, and these low-stress tips help you make the most of both. In fact, many can be completed in minutes!
- Use direct deposit or automatic transfers to save your money before you see it
- Set your bills to auto pay in Online Bill Pay to avoid late fees
- Enroll in your financial institution’s reward points program to get more for your money
- Create a home or family budget
- Switch to duplicate or carbon copy checks to track your expenses
- Start collecting your 2014 financial statements to prepare for tax season
- Make sure your financial institution has all of your correct contact information
- Stop using out-of-network ATMs
- Develop an emergency fund
- Contribute enough to your 401(k) to maximize your employer match
- Review your monthly income and spending
- Choose a checking account with no service or maintenance fees
- Check your credit report and look for any questionable or fraudulent accounts
- Get new insurance quotes to see if you can save money by switching companies
- Find a financial advisor you can trust at your financial institution or credit union
“Each New Year offers a fresh start. But overly ambitious resolutions can be frustrating and counter-productive,” said John Kennedy, Delta Community’s assistant vice president of Corporate Communications. “We believe these simple suggestions provide pragmatic ways for people to improve their financial situation – whatever it may be.”
Find more details on the Delta Community website blog and ring in financial freedom in 2015!
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union, Georgia’s largest credit union with assets of $4.7 billion, serves more than 310,000 members in the metro Atlanta area and employees of top businesses, such as Delta Air Lines, Chick-fil-A, UPS and RaceTrac. Delta Community is a state-chartered credit union organized under the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, and its deposit accounts are federally insured through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DeltaCommunity and Twitter at @deltacommunity.