Sharon Renaud, Public Relations Manager
Delta Community Suggests Seven Sensible Stocking Stuffers
Meaningful Holiday Gifts Found at Financial Institutions
Atlanta, Dec. 4, 2014 – Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com) offers these suggestions for seven sensible stocking stuffers that are available at most banks and credit unions for convenient one-stop shopping.
- A Savings Account: Establish a Youth Savings Account for a child in your life. In addition to the always-cool gift of money, a Savings Account also provides an opportunity for financial education – a gift that keeps on giving.
- CD: A Certificate of Deposit earns interest at a higher rate than checking or savings accounts and can be a thoughtful long-term gift.
- Cash: Stop the guesswork and give the gift of cash this holiday season. During the holidays, many financial institutions provide free seasonally decorated currency envelopes.
- Credit Union Membership: With low (or no) fees and generally better rates on deposits and lower rates on loans, credit union membership is a great gift for friends and family. Many financial institutions have Refer-A-Friend Programs that provide cash incentives to new members and the people who refer them!
- Reward Points: Reward points offered on many credit cards may be used to buy a wide variety of merchandise and gift cards. Some programs allow points to be donated to select charities - an easy way to celebrate the spirit of the season.
- Merchandise: Items such as piggy banks, water bottles and clothing sold in bank and credit union lobbies are convenient, affordable gifts. Proceeds from the sale of such merchandise frequently benefits local non-profit organizations.
- Peace of Mind: Most credit unions and banks offer investment and insurance products which may provide the most thoughtful gift of all: financial security.
These seven stocking stuffer ideas offer value and convenience to help you through the busy holiday season. Find more information about sensible holiday gifts and personal finance on the Delta Community website blog.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is Georgia’s largest credit union serving more than 300,000 members in the metro Atlanta area and employees of top businesses, such as Delta Air Lines, Chick-fil-A, UPS and RaceTrac. Delta Community is a state-chartered credit union organized under the Georgia Department of Banking and Finance, and its deposit accounts are federally insured through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund. Unlike a for-profit bank, Delta Community is owned by its members, not individual or institutional investors. Please visit www.deltacommunitycu.com to learn more or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/deltacommunity and Twitter at @deltacommunity.