Delta Community Celebrates 400,000 Members
Delta Community recently hit an exciting milestone, reaching our 400,000 member mark! To celebrate, we presented a $400 check to our 400,000th member, four-year-old Emma Burian.
“It took 65 years for Delta Community to grow from its initial eight founders in 1940 to 160,000 members in 2005, when we broadened our charter to serve consumers throughout metro Atlanta,” said Delta Community CEO Hank Halter. “In the 14 short years since then, we have attracted almost a quarter of a million new members by strategically opening branches in local communities as well as adding the extensive range of products and services our members tell us they need most.”
We appreciate all of our members, and are committed to providing honest value, superior service and trusted advice every day.
Refinance with Delta Community and Save Each Month
Do you love your car but hate your payment? Let Delta Community help you keep more money in your pocket with a Car Loan Refinance, where you can save money for the life of the loan. From now until August 31, we’re offering rates as low as 2.58% APR1 for well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit. Enjoy great features such as:
- Competitively low interest rates
- No pre-payment penalties
- Multiple repayment methods
- No application or origination fees
And you’ll receive the friendly, personalized service you’ve come to expect from Delta Community. Apply today by logging into Online Banking or our Mobile App and selecting Apply for a Loan, or calling our Loan Consulting Group at 844-544-9478.
2020 Philanthropic Fund Application Period is Open
The application period for the 2020 Philanthropic Fund grant awards is still open! This annual grant-making program provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in our 14-county metro Atlanta region and in our out-of-state branches. Throughout 2020, the program will distribute a total of $100,000 to 18 non-profit organizations committed to financial literacy, educational programs focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEM/STEAM) and youth development.
Interested organizations can review the 2020 Philanthropic Fund grant guidelines and submit an application on our website by August 31, 2019.
Is a Personal Loan the Right Option for You?
Do you need a little extra cash this summer? A Personal Loan is a practical spending solution that offers you the flexibility to do what you want, when you need it. We offer great low rates, a variety of repayment options and fixed terms with no annual fees. With a Delta Community Personal Loan, you can:
- Finance home improvements
- Consolidate high-interest rate debt
- Pay for a wedding or adoption
- Plan a last-minute summer getaway
- Pull up stakes and make a move
- Cover educational costs
The benefits of a Personal Loan from Delta Community go beyond having extra cash. They include a super-fast approval process and next-day access to your funds – all from a lender you can trust. Log in to Online Banking or our Mobile App to apply for a Personal Loan today!
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in July
Delta Community recently presented two more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $10,000, to the following organizations:
- The Auditory-Verbal Center, Inc. received $5,000 to use towards their weekly educational therapy sessions that teach deaf and hard-of-hearing children the cognitive and expressive methods needed to function in mainstream classrooms.
- The Link Counseling Center accepted an award of $5,000 for their Counseling and Psychotherapy Program, which provides mental health services to those in need.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Give Back with Bill Pay
This summer, we’re offering a Bill Pay campaign which will support Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA), an Atlanta hospital designed specifically for kids. When you make a qualifying Bill Pay transaction between July 15 and September 15, $1 will be donated to CHOA, where doctors, nurses and staff are trained to care for children under the age of 21. Qualifying Bill Pay transactions include:
- Adding and paying a new biller
- Activating a new eBill
- Setting up an automatic payment2
Experience the convenience of Bill Pay and help Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta today.
Cool Cash Summer Camps
Last month, over 300 children and parents attended the sixth annual series of our Cool Cash Money Camps, held at our Vinings, Peachtree City and Duluth locations. These camps are designed to help children between the ages of 7 and 14 learn more about money basics, including the value of earning and saving money, credit basics, the importance of spending it wisely and how charitable giving strengthens communities by helping those in need.
Upon completing the class, the children were awarded certificates and encouraged to always make good financial decisions. If you’re interested in our 2020 Cool Cash Money Camps, registration information will be available on our website beginning next summer.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- August 6: On the Road to Riches: The Basics of Saving and Investing | Webinar
- August 6: The Journey to Buying a Car | Eagles Landing
- August 7 - 29: Understanding Required Minimum Distributions | Multiple Locations
- August 15: On the Road to Riches: The Basics of Saving and Investing | Webinar
- August 21: First-Time Home Buying Workshop | Vinings
- August 27: Using Credit Wisely | Virginia Avenue
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Ten Steps to Financial Success: Part Two: Regardless of what financial success means just for you, it’s unlikely that you’ll achieve it without controlling both costs and expenditures, knowing what you want to do with your money, and planning how to fulfill those goals. Read part two of our 10 Steps to Financial Success series.
As of June 30, 2019:
Assets: $5.9B | Deposits: $5.1B
Loans: $4.7B | Members: 400,396
Monday, September 2
2019 Holiday Closings
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Rates expressed as Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rates are based on the creditworthiness and term of loan. This offer is for new and used autos only. Income verification may be required. APR available August 1 – September 30, 2019.
2. Each of the Bill Pay payments must be at least $10 and must be paid to another party with a different mailing address from the primary online banking account holder. All charitable donations will be paid by Delta Community’s Bill Pay provider, Fiserv.