2020 Philanthropic Fund Application Period is Open
The application period for the 2020 Philanthropic Fund grant awards is now open! This annual grant-making program provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in our 14-county metro Atlanta region and in our out-of-state branches. Throughout 2020, the program will distribute a total of $100,000 to 18 non-profit organizations committed to financial literacy, educational programs focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEM/STEAM) and youth development.
Interested organizations can review the 2020 Philanthropic Fund grant guidelines and submit an application on our website by August 31, 2019.
Refer Your Friends and Get Double Rewards
Refer your friends, family and eligible co-workers to Delta Community and receive a limited-time double bonus of $100 for each qualified referral1 from now until July 31. Share all that’s good about Delta Community and help friends earn $50 when they join. To get started, just follow these simple steps:
- Create a Refer-A-Friend account online at Refer.DeltaCommunityCU.com
- Send a referral message to eligible friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- You get $100 for each friend who opens an account and meets a few simple requirements and your friend gets $50
Here are the steps your friend must follow for money to be awarded to you both:
- Claim the referral online
- Open a new Delta Community Checking Account
- Make a $50 deposit at account opening
- Complete 5 Debit Card transactions within 60 days of account opening
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in June
Delta Community recently presented two more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $13,550, to the following organizations:
- ChildrenConnect Museum received $3,550 for their Pretend City Exhibit, which will add a simulated bank environment to their interactive real-life experience exhibit.
- Bridging the Gap Community Outreach accepted an award of $10,000 for their Summer Lunch Program, and will provide 10,000 lunches to children in the community who might not have access to food during the summer.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Activate This Quarter’s Bonus Reward Points
Each quarter, we offer an opportunity to earn bonus points on select categories from gas and groceries to restaurants and retail. Be sure to enroll each quarter to earn 2x or 3x the Reward Points on the purchases you make every day.
Activate bonus categories for July – September in Delta Community’s Reward Points Program so you can earn:
- 3x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Department Stores and Home Improvement Stores.
- 2x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Gas Stations and Grocery Stores.
- 1x Reward Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in categories outside the bonus categories.
To activate, simply log in to Online Banking, select Reward Points under the Additional Services tab, click View/Redeem Points and then the Login button. This will take you to the Reward Points home page. Select the banner that says Earn More Points and then activate this quarter’s bonus categories.
When you’re ready to redeem your points for rewards, you can choose from a wide variety of Gift Cards, Cash Back, Merchandise and Travel with no blackout dates.
Father's Day Giveaway Winner
Last month in celebration of Father’s Day, we conducted a special “Father’s Day Giveaway” promotion on the Delta Community Facebook page. Members were invited to comment on a designated post about the impact their dads, grandfathers, husbands or other father figures have had on their lives, along with the hashtag #DCCUDads, for a chance to win a $100 Home Depot gift card.
Our winner, Mike, was nominated by his daughter Sheryl, with the following entry:
“I want to nominate my dad Mike McFarland. He is a father to me and my 4 siblings. I would love for my dad to win this because he is always doing for others and never for himself. He is a true definition of a servant to anyone in need. Just last week on my dad’s way to work he stopped for gas, where a young man stopped and asked for help with groceries to help feed his kids and wife so my dad followed the gentleman to the local Kroger to get groceries for his family. This is a weekly thing for him. My dad didn’t grow up with much, but as an adult he gives selflessly on a regular basis! Thanks Delta Community Credit for always reaching out to your community. Even if my dad doesn’t win, I hope this goes to another deserving dad! #DCCUDads”
Congrats to Mike and Sheryl! Be sure to follow us on Facebook for a chance to enter our next photo submission contest.
Girls Just Wanna Have Funds
Delta Community and Star 94.1’s Jenn Hobby recently hosted a seminar for women to learn and discuss the simple steps to help build a strong financial future. The attendees enjoyed refreshments and appetizers before hearing tips on saving for major purchases and other ways to financially prepare for life’s unexpected events.
Our award-winning Financial Education Center offers a variety of seminars, workshops and webinars facilitated by Delta Community’s team of financial experts and affiliates. Check out our Event Calendar to stay up to date on future events.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- July 9: 10 Steps to Financial Success | Johns Creek
- July 9: Planning for Money Milestones | Webinar
- July 16 - 25: Cool Cash Camps | Multiple Locations
- July 25: Planning for Money Milestones | Webinar
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Ten Steps to Financial Success: Part One: What could be considered “financial success” is different for everyone. For some people it can mean being debt-free, owning a home, affording college for their children, buying a new car or second home, traveling around the world, having enough savings to retire—or just being able to pay all their bills every month. Regardless of what financial success means just for you, it’s unlikely that you’ll achieve it without controlling both costs and expenditures, knowing what you want to do with your money, and planning how to fulfill those goals.
As of May 31, 2019:
Assets: $5.9B | Deposits: $5.1B
Loans: $4.6B | Members: 398,296
Thursday, July 4
2019 Holiday Closings
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Refer-A-Friend bonus cannot be combined with other promotions and is not valid for previous offers. Bonus payments are made within 60 days of program requirements being met. You can earn up to $500 per year. See Program Rules at DeltaCommunityCU.com/Refer. $100 referral bonus offer good June 1 - July 31, 2019. Referrer must by Primary Account Holder with Delta Community. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting.