Make Your Bucket List Vacation Happen
Getting away is not only good for you, these days it’s essential. We want to help you check the next adventure off your bucket list with a Delta Community Vacation Loan! Apply now through June 30 and enjoy these great benefits:
- Up to $5,000 for a 12 or 24-month term
- Rates as low as 6.5% APR1 for well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit
- Fixed rates with no pre-payment penalty
- Funds are deposited directly into your Checking Account
As an added bonus, when you fund a Delta Community Vacation Loan by June 30, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a vacation package that includes travel gear and a $300 Visa® Gift Card.2
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in April
Delta Community recently presented two more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $6,500, to the following organizations:
- YMCA of Metro Atlanta received $2,500 for their Backpack Program, which provides healthy meals for low-income children and families.
- Kidz2Leaders accepted an award of $4,000 to help with their ongoing mission of providing stability, opportunity and community to children of inmates to break the cycle of incarceration.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Ride Away with Great Vehicle Loan Rates
Delta Community is offering members low rates on new and used Car, Boat, Motorcycle, RV and Aircraft Loans from now until May 31, 2019. Well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit can get rates as low as 2.58% APR.3
In addition to low rates, members can take advantage of:
- Easy online application process via Online Banking
- No application fee
- No pre-payment penalties
Additionally, members who finance their Auto Loans with us and purchase their car through Carvana will receive an extra .50%4 off their already low rates. Carvana offers a convenient online car-buying experience, with more than 15,000 vehicles to choose from. Every vehicle comes with Carvana’s 7-Day Return Policy5 and you can also get a real offer for your trade-in, in minutes.
HBCU Scholarship Application Period Opens
Last quarter winner, Janaye, accepts her check from Delta Community CEO Hank Halter and Majic 107.5/97.5’s Ryan Cameron.
Throughout 2019, Delta Community is awarding $10,000 in scholarships to four students of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Starting May 6, we are accepting nominations for our second quarter HBCU Scholarship. If you know an exceptional student currently attending a Georgia HBCU or a graduating high school senior who has received an official acceptance letter to a Georgia HBCU, tell us why they deserve to receive a $2,500 scholarship.
The HBCU Scholarship is part of our annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer.
Financial Education Center Prepares Teens for the Future
Delta Community’s award-winning Financial Education Center recently hosted a Teens & Money Night, which welcomed more than 30 students and parents for a fun night of food and financial education. The workshop focused on the importance of managing money in college, how to budget and use credit wisely and ways to finance a college education.
Our Financial Education Center offers a variety of seminars, workshops and webinars facilitated by Delta Community’s team of financial experts and affiliates. Check out our Event Calendar to stay up to date on future events.
Facebook Contest Showcases Pets
April 11 was National Pet Day, and to celebrate, we asked our Facebook followers to share photos of their beloved pets. The response was overwhelming, and we loved seeing the sweet and silly shots of your dogs, cats, horses, turtles, birds and even goats! Two lucky submissions, selected by random draw, received $50 gift cards. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for a chance to enter our next photo submission contest.
McDonough Branch Grand Opening
Our newest branch is opening this month! The McDonough Branch will be located at 210 Jonesboro Road and will house full-service teller operations, three drive-through lanes and two ATMs. We’ll be sharing Grand Opening details on our website and Facebook so be sure to follow us for updates.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- May 7: Stock Market Basics | Webinar
- May 15: The Journey to Buying a Car | Peachtree City
- May 16: Stock Market Basics | Webinar
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Three Basic Tips for Buying Your First Home: Purchasing your first home is an important milestone and a major commitment, but it can be difficult to know if you’re truly ready for the financial responsibility of home ownership. Read our three tips to help you determine whether home ownership is the right next step for you.
- Buying a Car: Credit Union Financing vs. Dealership Financing: If you’re in the market for a new car and can’t purchase it outright, you owe it to yourself to explore a variety of car loan provider options. As a credit union member you may receive better rates—and special discount promotions—that are not available at larger financial institutions.
As of March 31, 2019:
Assets: $6.0B | Deposits: $5.2B
Loans: $4.6B | Members: 394,335
Monday, May 27
2019 Holiday Closings
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. APR=Annual Percentage Rate. The payment amount may vary based on the payment due date selected. This offer is based on creditworthiness at the time of offer acceptance. You may request a higher loan amount; however, the interest rate and estimated monthly payment may change. Income verification may be required. This offer is available May 1 – June 30, 2019.
2. Apply for and fund a Vacation Loan (12 or 24-month term) with Delta Community Credit Union from May 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and you’ll be automatically entered to win a travel pack valued at $500 (includes a $300 Visa® Gift Card, branded Delta Community luggage tag and luggage or travel backpack) as part of our Delta Community Vacation Loan Sweepstakes!
For complete contest rules and details visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/VacationLoanSweepstakes. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida) and 18 years of age or older as of May 1, 2019. Mail-in entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.
3. Must apply on or after April 1. Rates expressed as Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rates are based on creditworthiness and term of loan. APR available through May 31, 2019. Income verification may be required. .
4. Services offered through Carvana are separate and distinct from any business conducted with Delta Community and are not guaranteed by or obligations of the Credit Union. Additional .50% APR discount is only available for Carvana purchases made April 1 - May 31, 2019.
5. 7-Day Return policy for pre-owned vehicles only.