Sharon Renaud, Public Relations Manager
Delta Community Announces 2017 Scholarship Winners
Credit Union Awards $20,000 in Scholarships to Five Students
ATLANTA (May 9, 2017) – Delta Community Credit Union (www.DeltaCommunityCU.com), Georgia’s largest credit union with more than $5 billion in assets, announces the 2017 recipients of its annual scholarship program. Five students were chosen based on academic achievement, community service and submission of an essay on a topic selected by the Credit Union.
“We’re proud to offer this Scholarship Program for our members,” said Delta Community CEO Hank Halter. “A good education and thoughtful career plan are essential to personal growth and development, and we wish these hard-working students every success as they pursue their academic and professional goals.”
The following students will each receive a $5,000 scholarship:
- Justin Clark is a senior at Woodward Academy Upper School in Atlanta, who will attend the University of Arizona and major in entrepreneurship.
- Katherine Dionne is a 2016 graduate of North Hall High School in Gainesville, Georgia, who will attend the University of South Carolina to study international business and Chinese.
- TyNiyah Harris is a senior at the Academe of the Oaks in Decatur, Georgia who will attend Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and major in aeronautical science.
These students will each receive a $2,500 scholarship:
- Tanner Thompson, from Torrance, California, is a rising sophomore at Arizona State University majoring in business management, sports and media studies.
- Raya Ward is a senior at Norcross High School in Norcross, Georgia. She will attend Princeton University and major in political science.
The scholarships are designed to assist eligible members with higher education expenses such as tuition, books, dormitory lodging and meal costs. For additional program details, visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/Scholarship.
About Delta Community Credit Union
Delta Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative with a mission of providing consumers better service and value on the deposit, loan, investment and insurance products they use to manage their household expenses and save for the future. Founded in 1940, Delta Community has become Georgia’s largest credit union with more than 350,000 members and 26 branch locations. It now welcomes residents of 11 metro Atlanta counties and employees of more than 150 businesses, including Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, RaceTrac and UPS. Visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com to learn more about opening an account at Delta Community or follow the Credit Union on Facebook at www.facebook.com/DeltaCommunity and Twitter at @DeltaCommunity.