2020 Philanthropic Recipients Named
We are excited to announce that we have selected our 2020 Philanthropic Fund recipients. Throughout the year, Delta Community will be investing $100,000 in 18 organizations which support metro Atlanta children and families.
A Delta Community employee committee, pictured above, selected the 2020 Philanthropic Fund grant recipients from hundreds of applications received last year. Among the 18 organizations to receive a grant are MUST Ministries, Piedmont Park Conservancy, Playworks Georgia, The Atlanta Opera and Communities in Schools of Atlanta.
With the award of these 2020 grants, the Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will have invested more than $600,000 in metro Atlanta non-profits since its launch in 2013. You can visit our Philanthropic Fund page for the full list of recipients and more information on how your organization can apply for a grant.
HBCU Scholarship Presented to Clark Atlanta University Student
In December, Delta Community and Atlanta radio station Majic 107.5/97.5 awarded the final $2,500 HBCU Scholarship of 2019 to Charles Johnson.
Charles is a junior at Clark Atlanta University majoring in social work. Because of his previous life experiences as a youth in the foster care system, he is passionate about becoming a social worker in order to help other children with similar experiences.
Throughout 2019, we awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships to students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the state of Georgia. The HBCU Scholarship is part of Delta Community’s annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer.
Charitable Giving and Volunteering
Charitable giving and employee volunteering are very important aspects of Delta Community’s culture. We are committed to making a difference in the communities that we serve, especially around the holiday season. Here are a few ways that Delta Community has given back this season:
- Bloom Closet Donations – For the fifth year, our Human Resources and Corporate Training departments sponsored families through the Bloom Closet. This year, they were able to sponsor three different families by purchasing toys and clothes from each family’s wish list. Corporate Training team member Cathie Parrish says, “We look forward to this opportunity every year in hopes we can help make Christmas a very special memory for the children in Bloom’s care.”
- Backpack Buddies – Our IT department collected and donated over 200 food items for the Backpack Buddies, a non-profit organization created to supply economically disadvantaged children with meals.
- Denim in December for Children’s Miracle Network – During the month of December, employees were able to make a small monetary donation to Children’s Miracle Network, and in exchange they were able to wear jeans all month long.
- Nicholas House – Our Marketing department donated toiletries and other necessities for five different families at the Nicholas House, an Atlanta shelter that provides temporary housing to homeless families.
- House of Toys – Delta Community sponsored “PK in the Morning’s House of Toys” with Atlanta radio station Power 96.1. During the event, the morning show set up a pop-up location in Atlantic Station, where they broadcasted live and invited listeners to stop by and drop off toys. The six-day event raised over 3,000 items for Toys for Tots.
If you’re looking for a way to give back, stop by any of our branches and purchase candy bars, water bottles, piggy banks and more. Purchases benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals, which includes Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, with pediatric care, education, research and equipment.
Delta Community Employees Take a Holiday Flight
Volunteers from Delta Community played the role of Santa’s helpers during Delta Air Lines’ North Pole flights, held in December at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International, Salt Lake City and Cincinnati airports. This annual event helps make the holidays brighter for critically-ill patients. The children board a Delta plane and then deplane in an area of the airport transformed to look like the North Pole, where volunteers are dressed like elves and interact with the kids to help make holiday crafts and other treats.
The Atlanta North Pole Flights welcomed patients from Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta Cancer Center patients, employees from our Salt Lake City Branch spent the day with young patients from Shriner’s Hospital for Children and Primary Children’s Hospital, and our Cincinnati team spread holiday cheer with children from the Ronald McDonald House and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.
Activate Your Bonus Reward Points
The new year is the perfect time to get more engaged with Delta Community’s Bonus Reward Points Program. Each quarter, we offer an opportunity to earn bonus points for Credit Card purchases on select categories from gas and groceries to restaurants and retail. Be sure to enroll each quarter to earn 2x or 3x the Reward Points on the purchases you make every day.
Activate bonus categories for January through March in Delta Community’s Reward Points Program so you can earn:
- 3x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Health and Rec Clubs, Utility Companies, Insurance Services and Cable and Satellite Vendors
- 2x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Gas Stations and Grocery Stores
- 1x Reward Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in categories outside the bonus categories.
To activate, simply log in to Online Banking, select Reward Points under the Additional Services tab, click View/Redeem Points and then the Login button. This will take you to the Reward Points home page. Select the banner that says Earn More Points and then activate this quarter’s bonus categories. When you’re ready to redeem your points for rewards, you can choose from a wide variety of Gift Cards, Cash Back, Merchandise and Travel with no blackout dates.
Delta Community Ranked Among Nation’s Best Credit Unions
GOBankingRates.com just named Delta Community one of the nation’s top 10 credit unions that consumers should consider in 2020. The online publication aggregates information on the nation’s most attractive banking services and rates, and recently ranked Delta Community eighth on its list of credit unions that are the best value in 2020, highlighting our Mobile App and customer service.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- January 7: Investing 101 | Delta Community Conference Center
- January 9: 10 Steps to Financial Success | Virginia Avenue
- January 14: Are You Financially Healthy? | Webinar
- January 16: 10 Steps to Financial Success | Delta Community Conference Center
- January 22: Sticking to Your Budget | Stockbridge (Eagles Landing)
- January 23: Are You Financially Healthy? | Webinar
- January 28: Retirement Readiness | Delta Community Conference Center
- January 30: Sticking to Your Budget | Duluth
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Avoiding Holiday Shopping and Identity Fraud: End of year holidays usually involve an increased amount of shopping, spending and travel for many people, which are all very commonplace activities. But along with those activities—many of which may take place partially or completely online—comes the increased risk of credit card fraud and/or identity theft.
- Helping Others During the Holidays with Charitable Donations: During the holidays many people not only give gifts to family and friends, but in the spirit of the season also help those less fortunate than themselves. Historically, the United States has been one of the world’s most charitable nations, and it is estimated that in 2018, Americans gave more than $425 billion to U.S. charities.
As of November 30, 2019:
Assets: $6B | Deposits: $5.2B
Loans: $4.8B | Members: 408,446
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Monday, January 20
2020 Holiday Closings
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM