McDonough Branch Grand Opening
Our newest branch is officially open in McDonough at 210 Jonesboro Road! The McDonough Branch is our 26th branch location in metro Atlanta and 29th branch overall. We celebrated the Grand Opening with lunch from Gezzo’s Food Truck, treats from King of Pops, music from 94.9 The Bull and games and activities for our members and guests.
The McDonough Branch will house full-service teller operations, three drive-through lanes and two ATMs, as well as a team of financial professionals to assist Delta Community members with their home, auto and personal loan needs. We look forward to serving our members, and welcoming new ones, with this new location.
2019 Scholarship Recipients Announced
We recently announced the 2019 recipients of our annual Scholarship Program. Now in its 14th year, the program awarded a total of $20,000 to the following five metro Atlanta students based on academic achievement, community service and submission of an essay topic selected by the Credit Union.
- Zora McKoy is a senior at Dutchtown High School in Hampton, who will attend Spelman College and major in Dual Computer Engineering.
- Julian Woods is a senior at Westlake High School in Atlanta and is attending the University of Maryland to study Secondary Education.
- Maggie Robinson, from McDonough, currently attends University of North Georgia and is a Biology and Pre-Dental student.
- Rachel Henderson is a senior at Roswell High School and will attend the University of Missouri to study Broadcast Journalism.
- Victoria Ayodele is a senior at South Cobb High School in Austell, who will attend Howard University and major in Exercise Science.
For more information about these exceptional students and additional program details, visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/Scholarship.
Earn a Special Bonus with Refer-A-Friend
Refer your friends, family and eligible coworkers to Delta Community and receive a limited-time double bonus of $100 for each qualified referral1 from now until July 31. Share all that’s good about Delta Community and help friends earn $50 when they join. To get started, just follow these simple steps:
- Create a Refer-A-Friend account online at Refer.DeltaCommunityCU.com
- Send a referral message to eligible friends via email, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Your get $100 for each friend who opens an account and meets a few simple requirements and your friend gets $50
Here are the steps your friend must follow for money to be awarded to you both:
- Claim the referral online
- Open a new Delta Community Checking Account
- Make a $50 deposit at account opening
- Complete 5 Debit Card transactions within 60 days of account opening
Carvana Car Giveaway Winner Rides Away in Style
Member Florence Owoeye was all smiles as she was handed the keys to her 2018 Kia Sorento at our Vinings Branch last month. Florence was automatically entered in the Delta Community-Carvana $20K Car Giveaway Sweepstakes in February after she obtained a Delta Community Personal Loan. After her name was randomly selected in the sweepstakes drawing, Florence was given her choice of vehicle from Carvana’s fleet. “I’ve always had good experiences with Delta Community, but winning this SUV is just beyond belief,” said Owoeye. “With two daughters in middle school and a four-year old son, this gives us plenty of room for everyone. Delta Community and Carvana made it so easy to find our dream car.” Congratulations, Florence!
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in May
Delta Community recently presented two more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $14,000, to the following organizations:
- Odyssey Family Counseling Center received $5,000 for their counseling services to low-income, disadvantaged youth.
- Carrie Steele-Pitts Home, Inc. is a private, nonprofit and non-discriminatory child caring agency that provides community-based child welfare services. They accepted an award of $5,000 for their STEAM Afterschool Program.
- Woodward Academy received $4,000 for their Horizons Program, which helps students with learning, development, leadership and life-skills.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Make Your Bucket List Vacation Happen
Getting away is not only good for you, these days it’s essential. We want to help you check the next adventure off your bucket list with a Delta Community Vacation Loan! Apply now through June 30 and enjoy these great benefits:
- Up to $5,000 for a 12 or 24-month term
- Rates as low as 6.5% APR2 for well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit
- Fixed rates with no pre-payment penalty
- Funds are deposited directly into your Checking Account
As an added bonus, when you fund a Delta Community Vacation Loan by June 30, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a vacation package that includes travel gear and a $300 Visa® Gift Card.3
Take a Payment Holiday
You could qualify to skip a loan payment! Our Payment Holiday Program allows you to skip an eligible consumer Loan Payment4, guilt-free, and can help free up some extra cash that you might need for travel this time of year.
Here are some key things to know before requesting your Payment Holiday:
- Loans must be open for a minimum of six months to be eligible.
- Real Estate Loans, Business Loans, Holiday Loans, Consumer Lines of Credit, Visa® Young Adult and Secured Credit Cards and single-pay loans are not eligible for this offer.
- Payment Holidays may be requested up to the payment due date via Online Banking. All loans that are eligible for a Payment Holiday will be displayed.
- Finance charges will continue to accrue and your loan maturity date will be extended, if applicable.
To request a Payment Holiday, simply log in to Online Banking and select Payment Holiday from the Loans tab.
Mother's Day Giveaway Winner
In celebration of Mother’s Day, we recently conducted a special “Mother’s Day Giveaway” promotion on our Facebook page. Members were invited to post comments on our page about the impact their moms, grandmothers, wives or other mother figures have had on their lives for a chance to win a gift card to Massage Envy.
Our winner, Tracy, nominated her mom Diann with the following entry:
“I nominate my mom, Diann Johnston. She is my best friend and the best mom and grandmother. In November 2018, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. She recently started radiation and her strength and determination astound me. Even while weak from cancer, she still manages to care for daddy, make 5 course meals, help others and always ready to pray with me when I feel defeated. I am adopted and though she isn't my blood mom, she tells me all the time (45 years, every mother's day) ‘I may not have carried you in my womb but you've always been in my heart.’”
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for a chance to enter our next photo submission contest.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- June 4: The Sandwich Generation | Webinar
- June 11: Investing 101 | Vinings
- June 13: Retirement Readiness | Peachtree City
- June 13: The Sandwich Generation | Webinar
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Delta Community Will Soon Be Swell with Zelle®: Delta Community members will soon be able to send money to family and friends with Zelle® in our Mobile App and Online Banking. Whether you’re sharing the cost of an Uber or Lyft ride, splitting the cost of a dinner out with friends or making a payment for babysitting–you want your payment made fast, safe and easy.
- The Importance of Travel: Vacationing can be a great way to remove the weight of the world, but de-stressing is not the only reward. Travel can often be a chance for us to learn and grow, whether it’s learning about a different culture, participating in adventure sports, or just taking some down time to reflect and relax.
As of April 30, 2019:
Assets: $5.9B | Deposits: $5.1B
Loans: $4.6B | Members: 396,645
Thursday, July 4
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Refer-A-Friend bonus cannot be combined with other promotions and is not valid for previous offers. Bonus payments are made within 60 days of program requirements being met. You can earn up to $500 per year. See Program Rules at DeltaCommunityCU.com/Refer. $100 referral bonus offer good June 1 - July 31, 2019. Referrer must by Primary Account Holder with Delta Community. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting.
2. APR=Annual Percentage Rate. The payment amount may vary based on the payment due date selected. This offer is based on creditworthiness at the time of offer acceptance. You may request a higher loan amount; however, the interest rate and estimated monthly payment may change. Income verification may be required. This offer is available May 1 – June 30, 2019.
3. Apply for and fund a Vacation Loan (12 or 24-month term) with Delta Community Credit Union from May 1, 2019 through June 30, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and you’ll be automatically entered to win a travel pack valued at $500 (includes a $300 Visa® Gift Card, branded Delta Community luggage tag and luggage or travel backpack) as part of our Delta Community Vacation Loan Sweepstakes! For complete contest rules and details visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/VacationLoanSweepstakes.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States (excluding Florida) and 18 years of age or older as of
May 1, 2019. Mail-in entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.
4. Consumer Loans must be current (and liens perfected) to be eligible. Finance charges will continue to accrue as explained in the LoanLiner Credit Agreement and the loan maturity date will be extended, if applicable.