Drive Away with Great Auto Loan Rates
Having a Delta Community Car Loan in your pocket puts you in the driver’s seat. During the months of October and November, Delta Community will offer well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit loan rates starting as low as 2.38% APR1 for both new and used cars.
In addition to low rates, members can take advantage of:
- Easy online application process via Online Banking or our Mobile App
- No application fee
- Quick approval
- No pre-payment penalties
As an added bonus, members who finance with us and purchase their car through Carvana will receive an extra .25% off their already low rates. Delta Community also offers members exclusive rates on our Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP) and Mechanical Breakdown Protection programs that can be financed with your Car Loan.
To learn more or start the application process, log in to Online Banking or our Mobile App and select Apply for a Loan, or call our Loan Consulting Group at 844-544-9478.
Snellville Branch Celebrates 10th Anniversary
We recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of our Snellville Branch. During the ceremony commemorating this milestone, CEO Hank Halter thanked the branch staff for their hard work and dedication and presented a special plaque to Branch Manager Joan James.
“This team is always busy, but they handle our members with care and grace,” said Joan. “I’m proud to be part of this community, and I’m grateful for the opportunity to work at this branch with this team.”
Thank you to our members and branch staff who have made Snellville such a success for the last decade. We look forward to many more years of serving the community!
Spend and Score Big this Football Season
Delta Community is celebrating football season in a big way! Cardholders who make non-PIN transactions using their Delta Community Visa® Debit and Credit Cards through October 31 will be automatically entered for a chance to win the Delta Community Card Spend & Score Sweepstakes.2 Members will earn an entry for every eligible purchase. So the more you spend, the more chances to score big this football season!
Two Grand Prize winners will receive a football tailgating prize package, valued at up to $2,500:
- Family season pass to Atlanta’s football museum
- Big Screen TV
- $100 Visa Gift Card
- Fun Delta Community branded tailgating gear
Give Back Giveaway: Last Chance to Enter Your School
For the third year in a row, Delta Community is teaming up with Jenn Hobby from Star 94.1 for the Jenn & Friends $10,000 Give Back Giveaway! The contest invites metro Atlanta youth to organize a service project in their school’s community that gives back to young people.
The top five schools will be awarded with three finalists receiving $1,000 each, one runner-up receiving $2,000 and one grand prize winner receiving $10,000. Organizations can use the prize money for whatever they need such as new uniforms, new band instruments, a competition trip or a new playground. The contest runs until 5:30 p.m. on Friday, November 1. Listen to the Jenn & Friends Show on Star 94.1 for all of the details and learn more about last year’s winner here!
HBCU Scholarship Presented to Clark Atlanta Student
In September, Delta Community and Atlanta radio station Majic 107.5/97.5 awarded the third $2,500 HBCU Scholarship of 2019 to Micah Boyd of Jonesboro, Georgia.
Despite his family dealing with great financial struggle through much of his upbringing, Micah focused on his education and, after years of hard work, graduated high school with honors. He is now a freshman at Clark Atlanta University, majoring in Art with concentrations in Graphic Design and Design Architecture. Micah has been an artist since he was 10 years old, and eventually he hopes to give back to others through art therapy. He is also an enthusiastic volunteer, and just some of his community service includes distributing food to the homeless, helping the elderly maintain their lawns and being a mentor and tutor to his peers.
Throughout 2019, we will award a total of $10,000 in scholarships to students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the state of Georgia. The HBCU Scholarship is part of Delta Community’s annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer.
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in September
Delta Community recently presented three more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $11,500, to the following organizations:
- X3 Foundation Inc. received $3,000 for their after-school enrichment program, which provides fun and educational activities to children whose families cannot afford after-school programs or extracurricular activities.
- TechBridge accepted an award of $2,500 for their Technology Career Program. This program provides support, job training and financial services for tech-savvy young adults.
- Atlanta Children’s Shelter. Inc. received $6,000 to support their Comprehensive Social Services Program, which provides loving, quality child development and support services for homeless families striving to become self-sufficient.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Wire Transfers Now Available in Online Banking
Great news! You can now take advantage of Delta Community’s Wire Transfer service using your Online Banking account to initiate the transaction. Whether you need to wire money for business, to a family member or friend, or even for the closing of your dream home, Delta Community’s domestic and international Wire Transfer service will get it there quickly and securely. To initiate a Wire Transfer via your Online Banking account, simply log in and select Wire Transfers located under the Transfers menu option. Domestic wired funds are typically processed and received within 2 to 4 hours. International wire transfer funds typically take 2 to 3 business days but can take up to two weeks to be received by the beneficiary bank.
National Dog Day Giveaway on Facebook
August 26 was National Dog Day, and to celebrate, we asked our Facebook followers to share photos of their sweet canine companions! One lucky winner, selected by random draw, received a box full of dog-themed toys and treats from BarkBox.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook for a chance to enter our next photo submission contest.
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- October 8: After Identity Theft | Webinar
- October 8: The Journey to Buying a Car | Johns Creek
- October 10: Junior Achievement Adult Simulation | Junior Achievement Center
- October 17: After Identity Theft | Webinar
- October 23: Using Credit Wisely | Stockbridge (Eagles Landing)
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
What is Good Debt vs. Bad Debt?: Loans are a type of debt, where you must pay back the money borrowed (the principal) along with an additional percentage of the principal, the loan’s interest. The interest is the profit the lender makes on the loan they’ve extended. But all debt is not created equal. Did you know there is both “good debt” and “bad debt”?
As of August 31, 2019:
Assets: $6B | Deposits: $5.2B
Loans: $4.7B | Members: 404,907
Monday, October 14
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. 1 Must apply on or after October 1. Rates expressed as Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rates are based on creditworthiness and term of loan. APR available through November 31, 2019. Income verification may be required.
2. Make a purchase (non-PIN transactions) using your Delta Community Consumer Visa Debit and/or Credit Card from September 1, 2019- October 31, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and you'll be automatically entered to win one football season pass for Hall of Fame; a Big Screen T.V., $100 Visa Gift Card, and Delta Community branded gear as part of our Delta Community Card Spend and Score Sweepstakes! For complete contest rules and details visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/SpendandScore.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States, except residents of Florida, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Mail-in Entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.