Spend and Score Big this Football Season
Delta Community is celebrating football season in a big way! Cardholders who make non-PIN transactions using their Delta Community Visa® Debit and Credit Cards between September 1 and October 31 will be automatically entered for a chance to win the Delta Community Spend & Score Sweepstakes.1 Members will earn an entry for every eligible purchase. So the more you spend, the more chances to score big this football season!
Two Grand Prize winners will receive a college football tailgating prize package, valued at up to $2,500:
- Family season pass to Atlanta’s football museum
- Big Screen TV
- $100 Visa Gift Card
- Fun Delta Community branded tailgating gear
Win $10,000 for Your School
For the third year in a row, Delta Community is teaming up with Jenn Hobby from Star 94.1 for the Jenn & Friends $10,000 Give Back Giveaway! The contest invites metro Atlanta youth to organize a service project in their school’s community that gives back to young people.
The top five schools will be awarded with three finalists receiving $1,000 each, one runner-up receiving $2,000 and one grand prize winner receiving $10,000. Organizations can use the prize money for whatever they need such as new uniforms, new band instruments, a competition trip or a new playground. Listen to the Jenn & Friends Show on Star 94.1 for all of the details and learn more about last year’s winner here!
HBCU Scholarship Application Period Now Open
Throughout 2019, Delta Community is awarding $10,000 in scholarships to four students of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). From now until September 8, we are accepting nominations for our third quarter HBCU Scholarship. If you know an exceptional student currently attending a Georgia HBCU or a graduating high school senior who has received an official acceptance letter to a Georgia HBCU, tell us why they deserve to receive a $2,500 scholarship.
The HBCU Scholarship is part of our annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer.
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in August
Delta Community recently presented two more grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $6,500, to the following organizations:
- Partnership Against Domestic Violence received $4,000 for their Children and Youth in Emergency Shelter program, which helps minors and their mothers who are often unable to escape their abusers due to financial dependency.
- Whitefoord, Inc accepted an award of $2,500 to support their Beyond School Hours program, which provides children with a safe, educational and nurturing environment.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Give Back with Bill Pay
There's still time to make a difference. Through September 15, we’re offering a Bill Pay campaign which will support Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA), an Atlanta hospital designed specifically for kids. When you make a qualifying Bill Pay transaction, $1 will be donated to CHOA, where doctors, nurses and staff are trained to care for children under the age of 21. Qualifying Bill Pay transactions include:
- Adding and paying a new biller
- Activating a new eBill
- Setting up an automatic payment2
Experience the convenience of Bill Pay and help Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta today.
Back-to-School Giveaway Winners
Summer break recently came to an end, and we wanted to make it a little easier by helping fund school supplies on back-to-school lists. We invited our Facebook followers to share photos of their favorite summer memories and two lucky winners, selected by random draw, received $50 gift cards. Be sure to follow us on Facebook for a chance to enter our next photo submission contest!
Financial Education Center Seminars
Delta Community's comprehensive Financial Education Center is designed to improve the financial lives of our members and community by offering resources on a variety of topics from budgeting to protecting your identity. Every month we offer members several free-onsite workshops.
- September 10: FAFSA: The Key to Unlocking Financial Aid | Webinar
- September 10: Solving the Mystery of Credit Reports | Delta Community Conference Center
- September 17: Retirement Readiness | Johns Creek
- September 19: FAFSA: The Key to Unlocking Financial Aid | Webinar
- September 19: Investing 101 | Eagles Landing
- September 26: Teens and Money: College Edition | Peachtree City (Wisdom Road)
Check our Financial Education Center calendar for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Ten Steps to Financial Success: Part Three: Regardless of what financial success means just for you, it’s unlikely that you’ll achieve it without controlling both costs and expenditures, knowing what you want to do with your money, and planning how to fulfill those goals. Read the final part of our 10 Steps to Financial Success series.
- Lessons on Managing Student Debt: Student loans continue to help students achieve their advanced education goals—while at the same time creating what may be lifelong debt for them. Last year nearly 70% of 2018 graduates took out student loans and graduated with debt that is just shy of $30,000.
- Watch Out for Social Security Number Scammers: In 2019, the Federal Trade Commission’s Consumer Sentinel Network database has seen a dramatic increase in reports involving a variation of a classic scam, to steal identities and money from unwary consumers—and while everyone should be on the alert for any sort of scam, this particular illegal scheme is often targeted more towards senior citizens.
As of July 31, 2019:
Assets: $5.9B | Deposits: $5.1B
Loans: $4.7B | Members: 402,677
Monday, October 14
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Make a purchase (non-PIN transactions) using your Delta Community Consumer Visa Debit and/or Credit Card from September 1, 2019 - October 31, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and you'll be automatically entered to win one football season pass for Hall of Fame; a Big Screen T.V., $100 Visa Gift Card, and Delta Community branded gear as part of our Delta Community Card Spend and Score Sweepstakes! For complete contest rules and details visit www.deltacommunitycu.com/SpendandScore.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States, except residents of Florida, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older. Mail-in Entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.
2. Each of the Bill Pay payments must be at least $10 and must be paid to another party with a different mailing address from the primary online banking account holder. All charitable donations will be paid by Delta Community’s Bill Pay provider, Fiserv.