- Check hold policy
Delta Community CU's Funds Availability Disclosure can be found in the Member/Savings Services Disclosures and Agreements by clicking here.
All types and amounts of checks are subject to hold.
Delta Community CU's general check hold guidelines are as follows:
General Policy: Funds from all deposits, except those identified below, will be immediately available for withdrawal by cash or check.
Drop Boxes: Funds deposited in a Delta Community Credit Union drop box will be processed and made available the day the deposit is removed from the box.
Holds: Delta Community Credit Union will place holds on checks over $3,000 deposited on any one day. $200 will be available immediately, and the remaining funds will be available on the second business day after the deposit was made.
Exceptions: Delta Community may place an extended hold on any check at our discretion, including cashier's, teller's or government checks. Any check type may be subject to an extended hold. $200 will be available immediately, and the remaining funds are generally available by the 7th business day after the deposit is made.
Refer to the complete Funds Availability Disclosure for additional information and circumstances where the funds hold period is extended or the amount of the funds held differ from the general guidelines above.
- FAQs about Closing/Reopening your Checking Account
I am closing and
reopening my Checking Account due to stolen checks but I have checks
that have not cleared yet. Will these be returned?
On the closed letter, you will complete a section that asks
whether or not you have outstanding checks that need to clear. Any checks you
list in this section will clear, assuming there are adequate available funds to
cover them in your new Checking Account.
If you did not list those checks on the closed letter, then the checks will be
returned as 'Lost/Stolen' or 'Closed Account' and a letter will be sent to
you. If this is the case, you will need to contact the merchant. If a
check is presented in person to be cashed, you may receive a phone
call for verification and if the situation warrants, the local police will be
I have companies that automatically debit my account. Will those items
As with the outstanding checks, you will list any recurring or automatic
debits on the form and we will know to allow these items to clear. As
soon as you receive your new checking account number you will need to contact
the company to give them your new information.
I have my paycheck deposited to this account. Do I need to advise my
employer of my new checking account number?
Yes. Direct deposits will continue to be posted to your account but
you still need to advise your employer of the change. We
will give you ample time to notify your employer/originator
of your new account number.
Will I be contacted if anyone tries to access my account information?
If someone tries to get information without proper verification, no
information would be given. If the call center staff is uncomfortable or
suspicious of a call, the Loss Prevention staff is notified.
Can I continue to use my check/debit card during the process? Will I be
receiving a new card and PIN?
Yes, you can continue to use the same check/debit card for your checking
account. No, generally you will not receive a new card and PIN. If
there is no card fraud then there is no need to reissue a card or PIN for your
new checking account. If you suspect someone has gotten access to your
card information, please notify us immediately as we will need to
take additional steps.
I have received last months statement but will I be able to recall my
account history for the last 15 days or so?
will have access to your past statements; your recent and new transactions
will be available under the new checking account.
If you are not enrolled in online banking or do not
have online banking access, from the front page of the website under the ONLINE
BANKING Username and Password click either New Enrollment or if you have
logged in in the past and need assistance
logging in click on I Can t Login .
- Routing number and account number - Setting up automatic deposit and withdrawals (ACH)
How do I set up automatic withdrawals and deposits?
- For a withdrawal or deposit for your Savings Account (including Additional Savings), you will use your Primary Account number and the 4 digit Share ID preceded by a hyphen. The account number can be located at the top of your share statement and the ID is located in the 2nd column at the top of the respective transactions section. (Leave off any zeros in front of the account number)
For example: 11123456-0000 (savings) or 11123456-0030 (additional savings)
Please note, the number that appears under account details within Online Banking may be incorrectly presented for ACH use. We have found inaccuracies and are working to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
- For a withdrawal or deposit for your Money Market Account, use the Money Market Account s checking account number excluding any leading zeros located on the bottom of your printed checks. If you do not have checks for this account, the associated checking account number can be located on your statements next to the Money Market share ID.
Please note, withdrawals from Savings, Money Market, and Additional Savings accounts are limited to 6 withdrawals per month.
- For a withdrawal or deposit for your Checking Account, use the Checking Account number excluding any leading zeros located on the bottom of your printed checks. If you do not have checks, the number can be located on your statements next to the Checking Account share ID or within Online Banking, locate the ACH number by clicking on your Checking account and clicking the link See account details.
- The Delta Community CU's routing number: 261071315.
A routing number is the code used by the ACH to route your debit/deposit to the correct financial institution. Every financial institution has a designated routing number which consists of nine digits of which the first two digits are 01 through 12 or 21 through 32.
To set up electronic withdrawals from your Delta Community CU Savings or Checking Account to your deposit account, loans or mortgage at another financial institution, access the Electronic Deposit/Withdrawal Agreement Authorization form. You can also set your CU account up for electronic deposits from your deposit account or loan from another financial institution.
- Lost or stolen checks or account information
If my checks have been lost or stolen, do I need to close my account?
- Yes, since your checkbook is out of your possession, we recommend that you close your account to protect it from fraud. When the Checking Account is reopened, it will be assigned an entirely new account number. There should be no interruption of service with your Visa check card.
- If you do not want to close the account, we can place a stop payment on the missing checks if you can supply us with the check numbers. The stop payment fee to stop a single check, a series of check numbers or a box of checks will apply.
- We need to make you aware, that if someone has your checks, they can have new checks printed with your information and those checks could still clear your account if it is not closed and reopened. If your checks or cards have been stolen, a police report should be filed. This is a requirement of Delta Community CU's insurance provider.
- To request the Close and Reopen Forms, submit a request within Online Banking from Secure Email under Additional Services.
- We also highly recommend keeping an eye on your credit report for a while.
can provide a free and confidential credit report review. Delta Community CU has provided access to financial counseling and education through BALANCE.
- For Identity Theft Protection, Members Insurance Advisors, LLC a wholly owned subsidiary of Delta Community CU can assist you with affordable services. Click here for enrollment or more information on Premier and Basic coverage.
- FAQs for ordering checks
Can I reorder checks online?
Reordering checks is quick and easy online. When you log in to your Online Banking account, choose Order Checks under Additional Services. Follow the on screen instructions to place your order.
If your address has changed, make your updates quickly within Online Banking before placing your check order. Log into Online banking and update your address under Account Management.
For initial orders or your reorders, you may submit a request from within Online Banking using Secure Email located under Additional Services.
If you do not use Online Banking, you can reorder your checks by calling our Audioline at 404-715-4627 or 1-800-334-7536 and choosing 20#.
If you need to make changes to your information and you are not ordering your checks online, you may fax changes to 404-677-4802 or submit in writing to P.O. Box 20541, Atlanta, GA 30320-2541. Be sure to include your signature.
What is the cost and different check styles available?
There is a wide variety of check styles available. You can check the current prices online by logging into your account and then clicking on Order Checks under Additional Services. Click on Shop for a new design to see the different check styles, prices and quantity available. You can view our custom check order options by clicking here.
Can I order checks through an outside company other than your vendor, Deluxe Printing Company?
Yes, but please be certain that you are dealing with a reputable company to avoid having your Checking Account compromised. You will be giving that company your routing number and Checking Account number. If the checks are encoded incorrectly and must be manually processed, you would be required to reorder at your expense. When ordering make sure that your checks don't have less than 2 digit check numbers or more than 5 digit check numbers.
Can I place an international check order on the web site?
No, we ask that you contact Deluxe directly at 1-866-838-5375. We are unable to place this order for you.
How do I preview the check order I am placing online before submitting it?
When placing your check order online you will have an option to view the check styles before completing your order. Please note, if you have a pop-up blocker installed on your computer (Windows XP Service Pack 2 installs a pop-up blocker*), you may have to disable it to view the Check Order screen. Many pop-up blockers can be bypassed by holding your "Ctrl" key down while clicking the desired link or button.
What's the range of check numbers for Delta Community CU?
Check numbers range from 1001-9999. After that, it starts back over automatically with 1001. Our system does not allow for a 5 digit check range when ordering checks. If you have a preference, please indicate a start number somewhere between 1001 and 9999.
I'm trying to order checks online. After I select my Checking Account and confirm my selection, I click the Continue button but nothing happens.
It is possible pop-up blocking software is not allowing the Check Order window to open. If you have pop-up blocking software installed on your machine:
- Disable any pop-up blocking software you may have installed on your machine.
- Log into your Online Banking account, click on Account Services menu and select Check Orders.
- Reselect the Checking Account you would like to order checks for, confirm your selection and click the Continue button. If you have installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 (XP SP2)*:
- Log into your Online Banking account, click on the Account Services menu and select Check Orders.
- Reselect the Checking Account you would like to order checks for and confirm your selection.
- Hold down your CTRL button on your keyboard while clicking the Continue button. This overrides the pop-up blocking feature in XP SP2*.
If the above steps did not rectify the problem, you can contact us within Online Banking from the Secure Email under Additional Services.
I do not want my checks mailed to the address on the checks. Can I have checks mailed to a different address or pick them up at the Credit Union?
Yes. When you order your checks online, just change the mail to information to the address you need them mailed to.
I'm moving and don't want to order a whole box of checks. Can I order a lesser quantity?
We offer check quantities of 50 in the Antique style only.
How long does it take to receive my checks once I've placed my order?
Please allow 11-14 business days to receive your checks by regular mail.
Can I have my check order sent using domestic express shipping?
Yes, there are several options available for express shipping, including First Class/USPS Priority, Four Day Express, Checks Next Day and Checks Overnight. Shipping prices vary. Please contact Deluxe at 1-877-286-3623 for pricing.
I have run out of the deposit slips that came with my check order. Can I just order preprinted deposit slips?
Yes. Preprinted deposit slips, as well as leather covers and other accessories are available. Please contact Deluxe for pricing and to place your order. Non-imprinted deposit slips are available by clicking here.
I ordered checks and haven't received them or have received a partial order. What should I do?
Please allow 11 to 14 business days for expected delivery of your checks. If you have not received them by the 14th business day, please call Deluxe at 1-877-984-4146 to verify the shipping information was correct and on what day the order was shipped. If everything was correct, you will be referred back to Delta Community CU and will be advised to close and reopen your Checking Account to protect against fraud.
You will be contacted if your checks are shipped to the Credit Union.
Who do I contact if my check order is incorrect?
You will need to contact Deluxe's Member Satisfaction line at 1-877-984-4146. Their hours of operation are Monday - Friday 8am-11pm EST and Saturday from 9:00 am-7:30 pm EST. They will handle all corrections and will get your order to you as soon as possible.
Why did I receive a letter to call Deluxe Financial Services to confirm that I received my checks?
This letter is sent to members who have recently ordered new checks. With identity theft and other fraud on the rise, Deluxe Financial Services ask that you please call 866-322-1495 to confirm receipt of your checks. This will allow Deluxe Financial Services to verify that you have received your checks safely. This added security can help protect you from identity theft.
Hours of operation are Monday - Sunday 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Central Standard Time. Please have your account information available when you call as you will be asked to provide information to verify your identity.
*Support for Windows XP ends on April 8, 2014. We recommend that you upgrade your operating system. Windows XP will continue to function however you will not receive updates to your operating system that protect you from hackers and support the latest secure browsers.