Delta Community Credit Union Essay Contest
In recognition of National Credit Union Youth Month, Delta Community Credit Union is holding an essay contest for students enrolled in select schools that are established Delta Community Partners In Education (PIE) schools. The contest will be open to third, fourth and fifth grade students attending Brumby Elementary School, Burnette Elementary School, Dowell Elementary School, East Side Elementary School, Findley Oaks Elementary School, Hapeville Elementary School, Hope-Hill Elementary School, Jackson Elementary School, Museum School of Avondale Estates, Peachtree City Elementary School and Woodland Elementary School.
To enter, students will be required to submit an essay of 50 words or less, describing why saving money for the future is a wise choice. Only one essay may be submitted per student. Essays must be completed on the form provided by Delta Community Credit Union and include contact information as requested.
Students’ entries must be received by their PIE school administrator by March 31, 2017.
Winners will be chosen by a committee of Delta Community representatives and announced the week of April 24, 2017.
- One winner will be selected from each school to receive a $100 Delta Community Sandy Savers Savings Account or alternate prize as detailed below.
- Winners will receive a certificate detailing directions for claiming the prize and opening a Delta Community Savings Account. Eligibility requirements apply to open the Savings Account. Winners who do not qualify for a Savings Account under Delta Community Credit Union guidelines may receive an alternate prize of an official check in the amount of $100 at the sole discretion of the credit union.
- A parent or legal guardian of each winner will be asked to consent for Delta Community Credit Union to use the photos of and statements by the winner on social media, our website and any press releases we develop along with the winner’s name.
- Parents of winning students have until June 30, 2017 to claim their child’s prize by opening a Delta Community Savings Account or picking up the $100 check if an alternate prize has been offered by the credit union.
- Winners who are ineligible for Delta Community membership must arrange to pick up their alternate prize before June 30, 2017, from a Delta Community branch location.