Applying for a Grant
Delta Community receives many worthwhile requests, but cannot accommodate them all. Limited resources keep us from being able to support every eligible and worthy cause. More competitive grant proposals will specifically identify programs and projects which assist with the physical and financial education of young people and families.
The application period for 2020 funding is now closed.
- Only registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the metro Atlanta, 14-county region and out-of-state branch communities in which Delta Community Credit Union does business are eligible to apply.
- Projects or programs must take place within the 2020 calendar year following notification that the grant has been awarded.
- Unused grants must be returned by the end of the 12-month period.
- Organizations or programs that have received funding through the Delta Community Philanthropic Fund Program must wait 12 months after notification of award before applying for additional grants from the Delta Community Philanthropic Fund.
- Should your organization be awarded a Delta Community Philanthropic Fund grant, you will need to submit an impact report at the close of your grant period. This document will highlight goals achieved, impact made and the return on investment (ROI) made by Delta Community and your organization.
The Philanthropic Fund will award a total of $100,000 to 18 deserving organizations. Grants will be awarded in the following categories:
- Tier One - $10,000 (3 organizations)
- Tier Two - $7,500 (4 organizations)
- Tier Three - $5,000 (5 organizations)
- Tier Four - $2,500 (6 organizations)
Priority will be given to organizations that meet grant criteria and align with our mission to help families manage their household finances and improve the physical and financial well-being of young people. Strong consideration will be given to those organizations which have programming in the following:
- Financial Literacy/Financial Education
- STEAM/STEM and Arts Education
- Health and Well-Being of Young People
Grant Review Process
Once grant applications are reviewed, all applicants will receive a written response by December 6, 2019. Please do not contact your local Credit Union branch or the Delta Community Credit Union Member Care Center to inquire about the status of your application. Should you have any questions, email the Business and Community Development Department at Sponsorships@DeltaCommunityCU.com.
Only applications submitted via the online portal by the application deadline, August 31, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. ET, will be considered for funding. Emailed, mailed, hardcopy or faxed submissions will not be considered.
To include a broad perspective, the Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Committee is composed of employees from across our organization who serve as fiscal stewards of our members' dollars and make community investment decisions on behalf of the Credit Union.
Delta Community Philanthropic Fund Recipients
- Atlanta Union Mission Corporation
- Backstreet Community Arts
- City of Refuge, Inc.
- Communities in Schools of Atlanta
- Community Outreach in Action, Inc.
- Crosswalk Ministries USA, Inc.
- MUST Ministries
- Out of Hand Theater
- Piedmont Park Conservancy, Inc
- Playworks Georgia
- Quality Care for Children
- The Atlanta Opera, Inc.
- The Scholarship Academy, Inc.
- The Sheltering Arms
- Tommy Nobis Center
- VOX Teen Communications
- Women's Resource Center to End Domestic Violence