Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund
The Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund offers an annual grant-making program which provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations whose purpose is to help families manage their household finances and improve the physical and financial well-being of young people.
Applying for a Grant
Delta Community receives many worthwhile requests, but cannot accommodate them all. Limited resources keep us from being able to support every eligible and worthy cause. More competitive grant proposals will specifically identify programs and projects which assist with the physical and financial education of young people and families.
The 2023 grant application period ends at 5:00 p.m. EST on August 31, 2022. To apply, please vist the 2023 Philanthropic Fund Application Portal.
- Only registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in the metro Atlanta, 16-county region and out-of-state branch communities in which Delta Community Credit Union does business are eligible to apply.
- Projects or programs must take place within the 2023 calendar year following notification that the grant has been awarded.
- Unused grants must be returned by the end of the 12-month period.
- Organizations or programs that have received funding in 2022 through the Delta Community Philanthropic Fund Program are not eligible for funding in 2023, but may reapply in subsequent years.
- Should your organization be awarded a Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Grant, you will need to submit an impact report at the close of your grant period. This document will highlight your 2023 goals achieved, impact made and the return on investment (ROI) made by Delta Community and your organization.
The Philanthropic Fund will award a total of $150,000 to 20 deserving organizations. Grants will be awarded in the following categories:
- Tier One - $10,000 (7 organizations)
- Tier Two - $7,500 (6 organizations)
- Tier Three - $5,000 (7 organizations)
Priority will be given to organizations that meet grant criteria and align with our mission to help families manage their household finances and improve the physical and financial well-being of young people. Strong consideration will be given to those organizations with programming in at least one of the following areas:
- Financial Literacy/Financial Education
- STEAM/STEM and Arts Education
- Health and Well-Being of Young People
The following is required to be submitted with your application:
- List of Board of Directors
- IRS tax exempt letter and/or articles of incorporation
- Most recent audited financial statements (audited financial statement is preferred, but if not available then please provide the most recent financial statement signed by at least two of the following members of your organization: Board Chairperson, Treasurer, Executive Director, CFO
Applications must be complete and submitted by 5:00 p.m. EST on August 31, 2022. Application must be completed entirely via online application - no part of the application package should be sent in separately. Hard copy, emailed or faxed entries will not be considered. Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted for consideration.
Grant Review Process
Once grant applications are reviewed, all applicants will receive a written response by December 1, 2022. Please do not contact your local Credit Union branch or the Delta Community Credit Union Member Care Center to inquire about the status of your application. Should you have any questions, email the Business and Community Development Department at Sponsorships@DeltaCommunityCU.com.
Only applications submitted via the online portal by the application deadline, August 31, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. ET, will be considered for funding. Emailed, mailed, hardcopy or faxed submissions will not be considered.
To include a broad perspective, the Delta Community Credit Union Philanthropic Fund Committee is composed of employees from across our organization who serve as fiscal stewards of our members' dollars and make community investment decisions on behalf of the Credit Union.
Delta Community Philanthropic Fund Recipients
- Agape Youth & Family Center
- Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation
- Caring for Others
- Community Farmers Markets
- Cool Girls
- Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children - Hall-Dawson CASA Program
- East Lake Foundation
- Gainesville-Hall County Alliance for Literacy
- Giving Kitchen
- Kate's Club
- Kennesaw State University Foundation
- Kenny Leon’s True Colors Theatre Company
- Lekotek of Georgia
- Literacy Action
- Rainbow House
- Scottdale Early Learning
- The Orange Duffel Bag Initiative
- The Scholarship Academy
- 21st Century Leaders
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta