You can count on us to offer handy solutions when they matter most. The Delta Community Holiday Loan is a responsible financial option to provide you with extra cash, whatever your plans are this season. Now through December 31, apply for a 12-month Holiday Loan with rates as low as 6% APR1 for well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit. The application is easy and the funds can go directly to your Checking Account. A Holiday Loan is great for travel expenses, gift giving, hosting family or whatever you need! To apply, log in to Online Banking and select Apply for a Loan under the Loans tab, or choose More in our Mobile App. You can also call our Loan Consultants at 844-544-9478.
One of the most valuable lessons that we can teach our children is how to save and spend wisely, and the Delta Community “2021 Stir Up the Savings Challenge” is a great way to establish a tradition of savings with your young ones. To enter the contest, have your child share a photo or video of them in the kitchen whipping up their holiday recipes. We will be awarding five lucky young members $100 each and a special gift from the Credit Union! All submissions must be emailed to DeptMarketing@DeltaCommunityCU.com by December 31, 2021. Learn more by reading the official rules and help your young saver get creative in the kitchen!
Last month, Delta Community teamed up with Jenn Hobby from Star 94 for the fifth annual $10,000 Give Back Giveaway. We invited metro Atlanta students to organize a service project with their classmates to bring hope, joy and positive change to their communities. We recognized the top five schools, with three finalists receiving $1,000 each, one runner-up receiving $2,000 and one grand prize winner receiving $10,000.
The grand prize winner of the $10,000 Give Back Giveaway is the International Baccalaureate (IB) Ambassador group at Sawyer Road Elementary School in Marietta! The IB Ambassadors are responsible for several service projects within their school, most notably their work to provide food to families in need in their community and within their school. Each month, they volunteer their time with Grace Life Church and Joseph’s Storehouse to pack boxes of donated food for 300-500 families in need. Over the course of the school year, they provide food for about 4,500 families in the community. In addition, they spend two Fridays every month filling bags with food to send home to 20 students to ensure these families will have food over the weekend. Watch Star 94 and Delta Community present the students with their check at a surprise reveal at their school!
The $2,000 prize was awarded to Kell High School for their Shop with a Longhorn program, where they treat 100 children in need of assistance to a day of holiday shopping for themselves and their families. They start the day with face painting and treats, then take the “Little Longhorns” to Target, where they are greeted with the Kell High School band playing holiday music. After their shopping spree, they take a trip to Santa’s workshop to wrap their gifts and participate in holiday fun.
The three $1,000 finalists are:
Congratulations to all of these amazing students who worked to bring positive change to their communities!
Refer your friends, family and eligible coworkers to Delta Community and receive a limited-time double bonus—$100 for each qualified referral from November 1 to December 31.2 Celebrate the holidays with those who are most important in your life and give them the gift of credit union membership—plus they can get $50 when they join.3 Here’s how to cash in on your double bonus:
Visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/Refer to share all that’s good about Delta Community and earn extra cash for the holidays today!
In November, Delta Community and Atlanta radio station V-103 awarded our fourth and final HBCU Scholarship of 2021 to Nasuan Bryant of Greeleyville, South Carolina.
Nasuan is a sophomore at Savannah State University and is majoring in Business Management. He is a dedicated scholar, maintaining great grades in all five of his classes, all while serving in the ROTC and working a part-time job to help fund his schooling. Watch us and V-103’s Ramona DeBreaux present the award to Nasuan during a video call.
Throughout 2021, we have awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships to students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the state of Georgia. The HBCU Scholarship is part of Delta Community’s annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer. We will begin accepting applications for our 2022 HBCU Scholarship early next year, so stay tuned!
Something wonderful will happen when you use Delta Community Bill Pay or Zelle® this season! Each time you make a qualified Bill Pay transaction or send a payment through Zelle® through December 31, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win $5,000 in the Celebrate the Season Sweepstakes.6 Additionally, $1 will be donated to the non-profit support organization Good 360 for each qualified transaction. Qualifying transactions include:
Don’t miss your chance to win $5,000 and give back to a good cause. Use Bill Pay and Zelle® today!
The holidays just got even more rewarding! Hosting dinner or buying gifts can really pay off when you use your Delta Community Visa® Debit and Credit Cards for all your holiday spending. Earn 1 point for every $3 spent for Debit Card purchases and 1 point for every $1 spent on Platinum Rewards Credit Card purchases at your favorite retailers. You can earn even more with Bonus Reward Points on your Delta Community Visa® Platinum Credit Card. Earn:
Points can be redeemed for cash back to your account, gift cards, discounts on airfare, donations to charitable organizations and more! To view your reward options and redeem points quickly, log in to Online Banking and select Reward Points under the Additional Services tab or under More in our Mobile App.
Delta Community’s Financial Education Center was recently honored by the Credit Union National Association (CUNA) with the top award for the 2021 Desjardins Award for Adult Financial Education. The CUNA award honors U.S. credit unions that demonstrate leadership in adult financial literacy education and initiatives.
“Since its inception in 2016, our Financial Education Center has provided more than 30,000 people with easy access to hundreds of free on-site and virtual financial education workshops,” said CEO Hank Halter. “We appreciate this prestigious recognition by CUNA and our peers, and we are excited for future opportunities to serve our members and the broader communities where they live.”
Congratulations to our Financial Education Center for this outstanding recognition.
At Delta Community, we know that knowledge is the key to reaching your financial goals and establishing good financial habits. That’s why we’re offering a series of workshops each month focusing on a different aspect of personal finance. Whether you’re planning for a major milestone or trying to better manage your finances, our Financial Education Center offers the tools to help you achieve financial success.
Our December series will focus on Holiday Saving and Spending. We’ll share tips for managing spending during the holiday season and how to recover from the financial stress that often comes along with it. Our financial partner BALANCE will also discuss how to get on the path to financial success.
Check our Events & Seminars page for more information on upcoming seminars.
As of October 31, 2021
Christmas Eve—Closing at 2:00 pm
Friday, December 24
Saturday, December 25
Member Care: 800-544-3328
Home Loans: 866-963-7811
1. APR of 6.00% for well-qualified borrowers with estimated monthly payment of $103.44 for a $1,200 loan amount.
2. You can earn up to $500 per calendar year. Referrer must be Primary Account Holder with Delta Community. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting. Refer-A-Friend bonus cannot be combined with other promotions and is not valid for previous offers or orders. The person you refer must be at least 16 years old to participate in the program. Bonus payments are made within 60 days of program requirements being met. $100 referral bonus offer valid for accounts referred and opened November 1 – December 31, 2021.
3. Applicant must be at least 16 years old, eligible and qualify for membership. To obtain the $50 bonus applicant must (1) Become a member of Delta Community Credit Union by opening a consumer Savings Account with a minimum of $5. Refer-A-Friend Promotion Code must be applied online or in a branch at account opening. Offer not valid if not redeemed by one of these two methods; (2) open a consumer Checking Account within 90 days of opening membership; and (3) deposit $50 to Checking Account and make a minimum of 10 (ten) Visa® Debit Card purchases which post and clear the account within 60 days of Checking Account opening. ATM transactions will not be considered for bonus. To receive bonus, account must be in good standing, with deposit balances above zero dollars, any applicable loan payments current, and all accounts in compliance with any other terms, conditions and governing requirements. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting. Please check our website for current rates. The bonus will be deposited to the Checking Account within 60 days after deposit and transaction requirements are met. Offer is valid for first-time Delta Community members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with other offers. Offer may only be redeemed once per member.
Insured by NCUA.
4. The 2021 Celebrate the Season Sweepstakes. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Sweepstakes starts at 12:00:01 a.m. ET on 11/01/21 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 12/31/21. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., including territories of Guam and Saipan, who are 18 years of age and older and are Delta Community Credit Union members. Void where prohibited. For complete Official Rules including details on how to enter by mail, click here. Sponsor: Fiserv Solutions, LLC, 225 Fiserv Drive, Brookfield, WI 53045.
5. eBill is an electronic version of a paper bill sent directly to you when a new statement is made available. eBills are sent from a biller to your Delta Community Bill Pay account the same way a paper bill arrives to your home mailbox. Our Bill Pay allows you to view all your eBills—as well as account balances, transactions and statement information—in one convenient place. Also, for additional convenience, you can set up email notifications for when a new eBill arrives in your Bill Pay account. You can set up eBills for any payee that displays an active eBill link in the Bill Pay Payment Center. Just click eBill and follow the simple steps.
6. AutoPay is a means to set up repeating payments in Online Bill Pay. You can set up AutoPay for any company or person you pay regularly. You can set up and manage AutoPay and Reminders from the Payment Center. You can set up payments to be made based on a schedule that works best for you. You can change or stop AutoPay at any time.
7. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Early Warning Services, LLC or Zelle.