Delta Community Insights for April 2021
Douglasville Branch Now Open
Our newest branch is officially open at 2850 Chapel Hill Road! Our Douglasville Branch is the first in Douglas County and 27th in metro Atlanta. It houses full-service teller operations and two ATMs, as well as a team of financial professionals to assist Delta Community members with their home, auto and personal loan needs. We look forward to serving our members, and welcoming new ones, with this new location.
Ride Away with Great Low Rates
Delta Community is offering members low rates on new and used Car and Vehicle Loans from now until May 31. Well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit can get rates at low as 0.98% APR on new and used Car Loans and as low as 3.98% on loans for boats, motorcycles, RVs and more!1 As an added bonus, members who finance with us and purchase their car through Carvana will receive an extra .25% off their already low rates.2 To learn more or apply now, log in to Online Banking or our Mobile App and select Apply for a Loan, or call our Loan Consultant Group at 844-544-9478.
HBCU Scholarship Presented to Clark Atlanta Student
In March, Delta Community and Atlanta radio station V-103 awarded our first HBCU Scholarship of 2021 to Giana Levy, a senior at Clark Atlanta University.
Giana is an outstanding scholar, pursuing a degree in Mass Media Arts with a concentration in Journalism. She has maintained a 3.9 GPA while being very active in student and community affairs. In addition to being a Dean’s List recipient and a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success, she also serves as the current vice president for Clark Atlanta’s chapter of the National Association of Black Journalists. While serving in this organization, she has implemented career workshops and mentorship programs, as well as organized numerous speaking engagements with Black media professionals for the organization’s members. Giana is passionate about advocating for others and is a Quarterman-Keller Scholar in Spelman College’s Social Justice Program. When not serving on campus, Giana is active in her community and spends her time volunteering at women’s clinics and the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Throughout 2021, we will award a total of $10,000 in scholarships to students attending Historically Black Colleges and Universities in the state of Georgia. The HBCU Scholarship is part of Delta Community’s annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website to learn more about all of the scholarships that we offer.
Refer Friends and Family for a Limited-Time Double Bonus
There’s no better time to share the benefit of Delta Community membership with your friends and family. From now until May 31, you can earn a double bonus of $1003 and your friend will receive $50 when they open a new account.4 Here’s how to cash in on your double bonus:
- Get your personal referral link at DeltaCommunityCU.com/Refer
- Send your unique referral link to eligible friends via text, email, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn
- Get $100 for each friend who opens a Checking Account and meets a few simple requirements
Visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/Refer to start sharing all that’s good about Delta Community and earn extra cash today!
Youth Month at Delta Community
This April, we’re celebrating National Credit Union Youth Month at Delta Community. One of the most valuable lessons that we can teach our children is how to save and spend wisely.
The Delta Community Youth Savings Challenge is a perfect way to guide your kids into smart savings habits. Download the submission form and have your child draw a picture of what they’re saving for. Entries can be submitted by email or by sending us a private message on our Facebook page before April 30, 2021! We’ll select three Sandy Savers (ages 0-6) and three Cool Cash Kids (ages 7-12) to win a cash deposit to their Youth Savings Account. For full contest rules, visit our website.
You can also help your teen prepare for the future by providing the financial tools they need to succeed. A Delta Community Checking Account and Debit Card are free with no minimum balance required and are available to members beginning at age 16 with an adult Joint Owner.
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in March
We recently presented three more grants from our 2021 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $15,000, to the organizations listed below:
- Georgia Appleseed Center for Law & Justice accepted an award of $7,500 for their FAIR Project, which increases educational opportunities for children in foster care through policy reform and direct legal representation for children facing suspension or expulsion from school.
- Children’s Museum of Atlanta, pictured right, received an award of $5,000 to go towards their STEAM program exhibits, including their Step Up to Science Learning Zone and Gateway to the World exhibit.
- Songs for Kids Foundation, pictured left, was awarded $2,500 for their mission of giving kids and young adults with illnesses, injuries, genetic disorders and disabilities opportunities to be creative and express themselves through music.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $125,000 throughout 2021 to 20 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Activate Your Bonus Reward Points
Each quarter, we offer an opportunity for participating Credit Cards to earn Bonus Reward Points for purchases in select categories to restaurants and retail. Be sure to enroll each quarter to earn 2x or 3x the Reward Points on the purchases you make every day. Activate bonus categories for April through June to earn:
- 3x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Discount Stores, Fast Food and Restaurants
- 2x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Gas Stations and Grocery Stores
- 1x Reward Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in categories outside the bonus categories.
To activate, log in to your account and select Reward Points under the Additional Services tab or under More in the Mobile App. Click the link to Enroll for the current quarter or an upcoming quarter. When you’re ready to redeem your points, you can choose from a wide variety of Cash Back, Gift Cards, Merchandise and Travel with no blackout dates.
In the Market for Homeowners or Auto Insurance?
Members Insurance Advisors,5 a subsidiary of Delta Community, shops “A” rated insurance carriers to help our members get the best rates on homeowners and auto insurance. If you’re house hunting, in the market for a new car or just want to see if you can save some money on your existing policy, request your free quote today. If you live outside of Georgia, you may contact Travelers at 866-635-1518. Please identify yourself as a Delta Community member to ensure you receive a discounted rate.
Financial Education Center Seminars
At Delta Community, we know that knowledge is the key to reaching your financial goals and establishing good financial habits. That’s why we’re offering a series of workshops each month focusing on a different aspect of personal finance. Whether you’re planning for a major milestone or trying to better manage your finances, our Financial Education Center offers the tools to help you achieve financial success.
Our April series will focus on Auto Buying. We’ll discuss how to prepare for buying your next car, what costs you can expect with owning a car, how to finance a vehicle the smart way, and the importance of proper insurance coverage.
- April 15: Car Buying Confidence | Live Webinar
- April 21: Cost of Car Ownership | Live Webinar
- April 27: Auto Financing the Smart Way | Live Webinar
- April 29: Am I Covered? | Live Webinar
Check our Events & Seminars page for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Getting Ready for 2020 Tax Filing—A Few New Things to Consider: Spring is fast approaching, and it usually brings warmer weather, blooming plants and trees…and the annual federal income tax filing deadline, which has been extended this year to May 17, 2021. Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, there are a few new tax features to consider as you think through your income tax preparation this spring. Read our tips on preparing for 2020 tax filing.
- How to File Your Taxes Online for Free: Filing your taxes online has become a preferred method for many Americans. Often, they purchase and use tax preparation software to complete their taxes, and then they may also pay a fee to have their taxes transmitted and filed with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) using the software. But there is an option for filing your taxes over the internet that generally doesn’t require a purchase or a transmission fee, and it has the benefit of using versions of well-known tax software.
As of February 28, 2021
- Assets: $8B
- Deposits: $7B
- Loans: $4.8B
- Members: 436,579
Monday, May 31
Member Care: 800-544-3328
Home Loans: 866-963-7811
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BE™
1. Rates expressed as Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for well-qualified borrows with excellent credit. Rates are based on creditworthiness and term of loan. APR available April 1 – May 31, 2021. Income verification may be required. Insured by NCUA.
2. Services offered through Carvana are separate and distinct from any business conducted with Delta Community and are not guaranteed by or obligations of the Credit Union. Additional .25% APR discount is only available for Carvana car purchases made April 1 – May 31, 2021.
3. You can earn up to $500 per calendar year. Referrer must be Primary Account Holder with Delta Community. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting. Refer-A-Friend bonus cannot be combined with other promotions and is not valid for previous offers or orders. The person you refer must be at least 16 years old to participate in the program. Bonus payments are made within 60 days of program requirements being met. $100 referral bonus offer valid for referred accounts opened April 1 – May 31, 2021.
4. Applicant must be at least 16 years old, eligible and qualify for membership. To obtain the $50 bonus applicant must (1) Become a member of Delta Community Credit Union by opening a consumer Savings Account with a minimum of $5. Refer-A-Friend Promotion Code must be applied online or in a branch at account opening. Offer not valid if not redeemed by one of these two methods; (2) open a consumer Checking Account within 90 days of opening membership; and (3) deposit $50 to Checking Account and make a minimum of 10 (ten) Visa® Debit Card purchases which post and clear the account within 60 days of Checking Account opening. ATM transactions will not be considered for bonus. To receive bonus, account must be in good standing, with deposit balances above zero dollars, any applicable loan payments current, and all accounts in compliance with any other terms, conditions and governing requirements. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting. Please check our website for current rates. The bonus will be deposited to the Checking Account within 60 days after deposit and transaction requirements are met. Offer is valid for first-time Delta Community members only, is not transferable, and cannot be combined with other offers. Offer may only be redeemed once per member.
5. Members Insurance Advisors is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Delta Community Credit Union. Insurance products are not deposits of Delta Community Credit Union and are not protected by the NCUA. They are not an obligation of or guaranteed by Delta Community Credit Union and may be subject to risk. Business conducted with Members Insurance Advisors is separate and distinct from any business conducted with Delta Community Credit Union.
Insured by NCUA.