Delta Community Insights for January 2022
2022 Philanthropic Recipients Named
We are excited to announce that we have selected our 2022 Philanthropic Fund recipients. Throughout the year, Delta Community will invest $125,000 in support of 20 nonprofit organizations that provide education and health and human services to its participants. An employee committee selected the grant recipients from the many applications received last year. Among the 20 organizations to receive a grant are Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Giving Kitchen, Kate’s Club and East Lake Foundation.
With the award of these 2022 grants, the Philanthropic Fund will have invested $880,000 in metro Atlanta non-profits since its launch in 2013. Visit our Philanthropic Fund page for the full list of recipients and more information on how your organization can apply for a grant.
Holiday Charitable Giving and Volunteering
Charitable giving and employee volunteering are very important aspects of Delta Community’s culture. We are committed to making a difference in the communities that we serve, especially around the holiday season. Here are a few ways that Delta Community has given back this season:
- Shop with a Longhorn – Delta Community awarded $2,000 to Kell High School, pictured left, for their Shop with a Longhorn program, where they treat 100 children in need of assistance to a day of holiday shopping for themselves and their families. They start the day with face painting and treats, then take the “Little Longhorns” to Target, where they are greeted with the Kell High School band playing holiday music. After their shopping spree, they take a trip to Santa’s workshop to wrap their gifts and participate in holiday fun.
- Bloom Closet – Our Human Resources and Corporate Training departments sponsored families through the Bloom Closet, a non-profit foster care organization in metro Atlanta. This year, they were able to collect enough money to provide all of the gifts for two Bloom kids, as well as fully stock toys in the Bloom Toy Closet. “We look forward to this opportunity every year,” says Corporate Training team member Cathie Parrish. “This Christmas was extra special and hopefully one they won’t soon forget!”
- Thrive by Hope – Our IT department collected funds for Thrive by Hope, an organization whose mission is to directly impact the lives of at-risk youth by providing effective pathways and long-term solutions for them to thrive. Their monetary donation will go towards tutoring, after-school activities, life skills and training, emergency shelters and more.
- Angel Tree – A team of employees in our Member Care Center sponsored a young girl in need through the Angel Tree in Coweta County. They provided her with gifts from her wish list to give her a Christmas to remember.
If you’re seeking ways to give back in the new year, stop by any of our branches to purchase candy bars, water bottles, piggy banks and more. Purchases benefit Children’s Miracle Network hospitals, which includes Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, with funds going toward pediatric care, education, research and equipment.
Activate Your Bonus Reward Points
Each quarter, we offer an opportunity for participating Credit Cards to earn Bonus Reward Points for purchases in select categories from restaurants to retail.
Be sure to enroll each quarter to earn 2x or 3x the Reward Points on the purchases you make every day.
Activate bonus categories for January through March to earn:
- 3x Reward Points for eligible purchases with Utility Companies, Insurance Services and Cable and Satellite Vendors
- 2x Reward Points for eligible purchases at Gas Stations and Grocery Stores
- 1x Reward Points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases in categories outside the bonus categories.
To activate, log in to your account and select Reward Points under the Additional Services tab in Online Banking or under More in our Mobile App. Click the link to enroll for the current quarter or an upcoming quarter. When you’re ready to redeem your points, you can choose from Cash Back, Gift Cards, Merchandise, Travel with no blackout dates and more.
Take a Payment Holiday
Did you know that you may be eligible for a Payment Holiday? Skip your eligible loan payments1 and keep some extra cash in your pockets after the holidays. Here are some key things to know before requesting your Payment Holiday:
- Loans must be open for a minimum of six months to be eligible.
- Real Estate Loans, Business Loans, Overdraft Protection, Holiday Loans, Consumer Lines of Credit, Visa® Young Adult and Secured Credit Cards and single-pay loans are not eligible for this offer.
- Payment Holiday may be requested up to the payment date2 via Online Banking. All loans that are eligible for a Payment Holiday will be displayed.
- Interest will continue to accrue, your normal payment will resume the following month and your loan maturity date will be extended, if applicable.
To request a Payment Holiday, simply log in to Online Banking and select Payment Holiday from the Loans tab.
Make Your New Year Easier with Bill Pay and Zelle®
At Delta Community, we offer simple solutions to help you get the most out of your finances and we want to set you on the right track this new year with our convenient payment options. Our Bill Pay service makes paying bills easier than ever! The user-friendly platform helps you pay your bills on time, every time and whenever and wherever you want. The service is free and you can easily register under the Bill Pay tab within Online Banking.
We also offer Zelle®, a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money using our Mobile App and Online Banking. Once registered, you can send money to trusted friends and family at any time with only the recipient’s email address or phone number. Zelle® is useful for splitting a dinner bill, requesting a payment and more. To get started, log in to our Mobile App or Online Banking and select Send Money with Zelle® under the Transfers tab.
Financial Education Center Seminars
At Delta Community, we believe knowledge is the key to reaching your financial goals and establishing good habits. That’s why we’re offering a series of workshops each month focusing on a different aspect of personal finance. Whether you’re planning for a major milestone or trying to better manage your finances, our Financial Education Center offers the tools to help you achieve financial success.
Register today for January’s series on Money Management. We’ll discuss what to do after a holiday spending spree, how to set up and stick to a budget, the convenience of digital banking, ways to make better spending decisions, and how to improve your savings. Our partners at BALANCE will also show you steps on how to improve your financial health.
Check our Events & Seminars page for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Why You Need Legacy Planning: Providing for the future requires planning today. Legacy Planning is a professionally guided, step-by-step process structured so that after your passing, who and what you love are taken care of according to your precise instructions so that no actions are ambiguous and that your money is used to fulfill your after-life goals. Read our latest blog to learn more about Legacy Planning.
As of November 30, 2021
- Assets: $8.9B
- Deposits: $7.9B
- Loans: $5.0B
- Members: 458,866
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Monday, January 17
Member Care: 800-544-3328
Home Loans: 866-963-7811
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BE™
1. Consumer Loans must be current (and liens perfected) to be eligible. Finance charges will continue to accrue as explained in the LoanLiner Credit Agreement and the loan maturity date will be extended, if applicable.
2. Loan payments that are electronically drafted from another financial institution (ACH), a Payment Holiday must be submitted up to two (2) business days prior to the due date of your loan.