Skip to main content

Knowledge Base Article

Cashing Travelers Cheques for deceased family member

How can I cash Travelers Cheques on a deceased family member?

The estate beneficiary or executor should bring the death certificate and any other estate papers designating the beneficiary, to their (or the estate's) financial institution, and contact American Express at 1-800-525-7641 (from inside the U.S) for further instructions to have the Travelers Cheques refunded.