1. In what states does Delta Community CU offer mortgage loans?
We offer first and second mortgages in the following states:
|District of Columbia
2. On what properties does Delta Community CU offer mortgage loans?We offer first (purchase or refinance) mortgages on the following properties:
- Single family residence
- Duplex/multi-unit building
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) - subdivision
The occupancy types are:
- Primary residence
- Second or vacation home
- Investment Properties
3. What types of mortgage loans are not offered at Delta Community CU?
We do not currently offer FHA loans, VA loans or "rehab" loans.
4. What types of structures will Delta Community Credit Union finance with a mortgage loan?
Loans are available on the following types of structures:
- Single family residences
- Duplex/Multi unit buildings
- Planned Unit Developments (PUD) –subdivisions
- Land/Lot for future building of residence
We do not offer mortgage loans on mobile homes.
5. What type of first mortgage products does Delta Community CU offer?
We offer the following types of first mortgages:
Fixed Rate Mortgages-
- 10-15-20 or 30 year terms with or without origination fee
- Land/Lot Loans 5 and 10 year terms
Adjustable Rate Mortgages
- 3/1 ARM
- 5/1 year term with or without origination fee ARM
- 7/1 year term with or without origination fee ARM
- 10/1 ARM
First Time Home Buyer Mortgages- No Origination Fee
- 15 or 30 year terms
- 5/1 ARM
- 7/1 ARM
- 10/1 ARM
- For properties over $424,100
6. What type of second mortgage products does Delta Community CU offer?
We offer the following types of second mortgages:
Home Equity Fixed Rate
- 5–10 or 15 year terms
- Offered on Primary Residences and Second or Vacation Homes
Home Equity Line of Credit (Not available in Texas due to state laws)
- Offered on Primary Residences Only
Purchase Money Second Mortgages (first mortgage must be with Delta Community CU)
- 5-10-15 year terms
- Offered on Primary and Second Homes Only
7. Where can I determine what my monthly payment and closing costs would be on a mortgage loan?
Estimated monthly payment and closing costs for a first or second mortgage can be found by using our online Loan Consultant. Click here.
8. On what day of the month is my first mortgage payment due?
First mortgage payments are due on the 1st of every month. They are not considered late until after the 15th.
9. How do I lock the interest rate on my application in process?
You may lock in an interest rate with an online mortgage loan application or you may contact your Home Loan Specialist. If you do not know the Home Loan Specialist who has been assigned to your loan, click here for our Home Loan Specialists contact information.
10. When will an appraisal be completed on my home and how much are the appraisal fees? Once an appraisal is ordered by Delta Community CU, the appraiser will call to make an appointment to appraise your home.
Appraisal fees vary depending on the type of appraisal request and the size of the property to be appraised. Contact you Home Loan Specialist for further details. Click here for our Home Loan Specialists contact information.
11. If I previously applied for a home loan. can I use the same Login ID and Password when applying for another loan?
Each new mortgage loan application requires its own Login ID and Password
12. I cannot remember the Login ID and Password to sign into my mortgage loan in progress.
If you have forgotten your Login ID or Password, contact your Home Loan Specialist. If you do not know the Home Loan Specialist who has been assigned to your loan, any Home Loan Specialist can assist you. Click here for our Home Loan Specialists' contact information.
13. I just submitted an application and would like to add or remove my spouse as a borrower. The Home Loan Specialist assigned to your pending mortgage loan would have to make any changes to the application. Click here for our Home Loan Specialists contact information.
14. Do I receive a lower interest rate if I enter my mortgage application online?
Online applications for mortgages do not receive a lower interest rate.
15. How do I obtain a pre-qualification letter?
When you are prequalified, you can log into your pending application online and print a prequalification letter.
16. I have applied for a mortgage loan and received my initial disclosures, but I have questions. Who should I contact?The Home Loan Specialist assigned to your loan application can answer questions about your initial disclosures. Click here for our Home Loan Specialists contact information.
17. Are appraisal fees refundable if I do not qualify for the loan or wish to withdraw my application?Appraisal fees are not refundable.
18. Do you offer a First-Time Home-Buyer program?
Delta Community CU offers a First-Time Home Buyers loan product. Contact one of our Home Loan Specialists for details. Click here for a list of Home Loan Specialists and their locations.
19. What is the minimum score needed to be considered for a for a mortgage loan?
The minimum credit score differs depending on the loan product you choose and the loan to value (LTV) ratio.
20. What is the contact information for the Residential Lending?
P.O. Box 3289
Peachtree City, GA 30269
315 North Highway 74
FAX Number: (770)-632-8829 - Servicing
To contact our Home Loan Specialists by email click here.
21. Does Delta Community CU sell my information to other companies after I close my mortgage for solicitations?
It is the policy of Delta Community Credit Union to hold member information in confidence, subject to applicable legal requirements. It is the policy of Delta Community Credit Union not to sell member information for use by non-affiliated third parties. When you close on a mortgage, documents are required to record the transfer of ownership of a property. Since this is a matter of public record some third parties will scan such recordings, and use your name and address, along with Delta Community CU as the lien holder to send solicitations to you.
22. Do I have to be a member of the credit union to apply for a mortgage loan?
You do not have to be a member to make an application for a mortgage loan, but you must become a member prior to the closing of your loan.