$100 Head Start for Teens
Delta Community wants to help teens get a head start on their savings goals. This limited-time offer gives new members aged 13 to 18 years old the opportunity to earn up to a $100 bonus when you open a new Savings Account and make a deposit!
Limited-time $100 Savings Account Offer for Teens (ages 13 to 18)
Open a new Savings Account before September 30, 2023, and get up to a $100 bonus! The new accountholder must be 13 to 18 years old and qualify for Delta Community membership to earn the bonus. Once the account is open, make your first deposit! Within 60 days, or by December 15, Delta Community will match the first deposit up to $100. Delta Community's Teen Deposit Match is a fantastic opportunity for teens to start their savings journey early and earn a special bonus.
For more information about the Teen Match Deposit Match Promotion please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions.Apply Now
How does the Teen Deposit Match Promotion work?
During August and September, first-time new member applicants ages 13 to 18 years old, can open a new Delta Community Savings Account, online or at a Delta Community branch to qualify for a deposit match of up to $100. We will match only the very first initial deposit into the new account up to $100.
What deposit will be matched?
Only the very FIRST deposit in the new Savings Account, up to $100, will be matched by Delta Community. All matches will be made by December 15, 2023.
- EX: If $25 is deposited into the new Savings Account, Delta Community Credit Union will deposit $25.
- EX: If $250 is deposited into the new Savings Account, Delta Community Credit Union will deposit $100.
After the opening deposit is made, am I still eligible for the bonus match if I withdraw the initial deposit?
No. To receive the full bonus match (up to $100) the funds must remain in the account until the deposit match is made by Delta Community.
When will I see the match from Delta Community?
All deposit matches will be deposited to qualifying accounts by December 15, 2023.
I understand the Credit Union has a minimum $5 membership requirement; if I only deposit the amount of $5 to the new Savings Account first and then deposit more, how much will be matched by Delta Community?
Only the very FIRST deposit into the account will be matched. So in the above example where only the initial $5 membership requirement amount was made to the new account first, Delta Community will match the $5 deposit. It is important to note, in order to receive the maximum match deposit funds per the rules of this promotion, the first deposit made into the account by the new member must be the desired match amount of up to $100.
Can I make two deposits in the same day to get the full $100 match?
No, only the FIRST deposit into the account will be matched.
If I open my new Savings Account online, how long do I have to make the first deposit?
For accounts opened online, the first deposit can be made within two weeks of the account open date. For accounts opened in a Delta Community branch, the first deposit must be made while at the branch that day to be considered for the Teen Deposit Match promotion.
EX: For accounts opened online by September, 2023, the first deposit must be made into the account by October 15, 2023, to qualify for the Teen Deposit Match promotion.
Who is eligible to participate in the Teen Deposit Match Promotion?
Delta Community’s Teen Deposit Match Promotion is only open to applicants who are not yet members and are currently between the ages of 13 to 18 years old. Only new Savings Accounts opened between August 1, 2023 and September, 2023 are eligible. If you had a membership prior to August 1, 2023, you are not eligible for this promotion.
Who is eligible to have a Savings Account?
To be eligible to open a new Savings Account with Delta Community, the applicant must fall within our established field of membership. View the eligibility requirements to open a new membership.
Am I required to have a Joint Owner on my new account?
All applicants under the age of 18 must have a Joint Account Owner on their Savings Account. Applicants that are 18 years old at the time of account opening do not require a Joint Account Owner.
Who is eligible to be a Joint Owner on my new Savings Account?
A Joint Owner must be in good standing with the Credit Union, at least 18 years of age, and possess a non-expired valid government-issued ID,
Joint Owners must always be present on the Savings Account while the Primary Accountholder is under the age of 18, or the account will be closed.
If the Joint Owner becomes ineligible, a new Joint Owner is required, and the new Joint Owner(s) and the minor (if of reasonable age) must complete a new Savings Account application that contains the parent or guardian’s signature.
What do I need to complete a Delta Community Savings Account application?
For applicants ages 13 to 17, the Savings Account can be opened online or in a Delta Community branch by applicant and the joint applicant.
- Applicant must provide: Date of birth, Social Security number, and current physical address
- Joint Applicant must provide: Date of birth, valid ID, and current physical address
For applicants age 18 years old, the Savings Account can be opened online or in a Delta Community branch.
- Applicant must provide: Date of birth, valid ID, Social Security number, and current physical address
Will applying for a Delta Community Savings Account impact my credit score?
No. A Delta Community Savings Account Application will not appear on your credit report in any form.
What are the promotion requirements for Delta Community’s Teen Match Promotion?
Please see below for the requirements for the Teen Match Promotion:
- Official Offer Terms: Offer valid for first-time Savings Accounts only. To obtain the bonus of up to $100 (the “Bonus Match”), open a new Savings Account between August 1, 2023 and September, 2023 and Delta Community will match the initial opening deposit (“Opening Deposit”) up to $100; a minimum of $5 is required. Subsequent deposits will not be eligible for the Bonus Match. For accounts opened online, it must be opened by September 30, 2023 with all required documentation submitted and an Opening Deposit made by October 15, 2023. For accounts opened in a Delta Community branch, the Opening Deposit must be made on the same day that the Savings Account is opened. The Bonus Match will be the lesser of the Opening Deposit (up to $100) or the account balance at the time of bonus fulfillment. The Bonus Match will be deposited into the account within 60 days of meeting promotion requirements or by December 15, 2023. Savings Accountholders must be between 13 to 18 years of age at the time of account opening to be eligible to participate in the promotion. To receive Bonus Match, account must be in good standing at the time of bonus fulfillment. Applicant must be eligible and qualify for membership. Bonuses earned through this promotion are subject to IRS reporting. The Annual Percentage Yield for Savings is 0.25% as of September 1, 2023. Rates are subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with other offers.
- An adult Joint Account Owner is required for members under 18 years old.