Thanks to Visa, you could win a trip to a past Olympic and Paralympic Games host city! Now through August 15, pay with your Delta Community Visa Debit or Credit Card and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a round-trip getaway for two, including air transportation, hotel and spending money, to your choice of one of these exciting destinations: Los Angeles, Salt Lake City, Montreal or Sydney. Use your Delta Community Visa Debit or Credit Card for your everyday eligible purchases like groceries, gas, online shopping and more to be automatically entered for a chance to win! Learn more and see Official Rules at DeltaCommunityCU.com/VisaAdventure. No purchase necessary to enter or win. U.S. & DC res., 18+.
The application period for the 2022 Philanthropic Fund grant awards is still open! This annual grant-making program provides financial support to registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations in our 16-county metro Atlanta region and in our out-of-state branch communities. Throughout 2022, the program will distribute a total of $125,000 to 20 non-profit organizations committed to financial literacy, educational programs focused on science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEM/STEAM) and youth development. Interested organizations can review the 2022 Philanthropic Fund grant guidelines and submit an application on our website by August 31, 2021.
It’s more important than ever to stay connected to your money, and Delta Community’s new Card Management tools put you in control. You can now easily manage your cards in our Mobile App and Online Banking. With these new tools you can:
To get started, log in to your account and select Card Management under the Additional Services menu in Online Banking or under More in our Mobile App.
Now is the perfect time to refinance your Car Loan with Delta Community and save money each month for the life of your loan. A new, lower rate puts more money in your pocket! Well-qualified borrowers with excellent credit can get rates as low as 1.98% APR for New Car Loans and 2.48% APR1 for Used Car Loans. In addition to great, low rates, you can take advantage of multiple repayment methods, no pre-payment penalties, no application or origination fees and applying from the comfort of your own home with our easy online application process.
To learn more or apply now, log in to your account and select Apply for a Loan under the Loans tab or under More in our Mobile App, or call our Loan Consultant Group at 844-544-9478.
Delta Community will award $10,000 in scholarships throughout 2021 to students of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). Beginning August 16, we will be accepting applications for our third quarter HBCU Scholarship. If you know an exceptional student currently attending a Georgia HBCU or a graduating high school senior who has received an official acceptance letter to a Georgia HBCU, tell us why they deserve to receive a $2,500 scholarship! Delta Community will select one winner from among the most compelling submissions.
We recently presented two more grants from our 2021 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $12,500, to the organizations listed below:
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $125,000 throughout 2021 in 20 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $125,000 throughout 2021 in 20 metro Atlanta nonprofit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Last month, over 200 children attended the eighth annual series of our Cool Cash Money Camps through virtual sessions with fun, interactive discussions and games. These youth camps are designed to help children between the ages of 7 and 14 learn more about money basics, including the value of earning and saving money, the importance of spending it wisely and credit basics.
Upon completing the class, the children were sent workbooks and encouraged to make good financial decisions. Visit our website to find more savings tips and activities for your kids!
Want to start your career at one of Atlanta’s Best Places to Work? Join the Delta Community team! We are regularly hiring for a variety of positions, including opportunities in our Member Care Center located in Vinings, as well as in our branch locations around metro Atlanta. You can apply online directly through your mobile phone or tablet in just minutes. Learn more about our current openings and apply today.
At Delta Community, we know that knowledge is the key to reaching your financial goals and establishing good financial habits. That’s why we’re offering a series of workshops each month focusing on a different aspect of personal finance. Whether you’re planning for a major milestone or trying to better manage your finances, our Financial Education Center offers the tools to help you achieve financial success.
Our August series will focus on Retirement. We’ll discuss the joys and challenges of retirement, how to calculate your monthly income needs, underestimated costs in retirement, how to maximize Security benefits, and other important topics. Check our Events & Seminars page for additional details on our three part Retirement Readiness series starting in mid-August.
As of June 30, 2021
Monday, September 6
Member Care: 800-544-3328
Home Loans: 866-963-7811
Insured by NCUA.
OLYMPIC & PARALYMPIC GAMES HOST CITY VISA® SWEEPSTAKES
1. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. NON-PURCHASE ENTRIES AND PURCHASE ENTRIES HAVE AN EQUAL CHANCE OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Olympic & Paralympic Games Host City Visa Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of July 1, 2021. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of the International Olympic Committee (“IOC”), the Tokyo Organizing Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (“TOCOG”), the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee (“USOPC”), all participating National Olympic Committees and their individual athletes, and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, “Olympic Entities”), Visa U.S.A. Inc. (“Sponsor” or “Visa”), Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, and their respective parents, successors, affiliates, subsidiaries, trustees, and client financial institutions including but not limited to Delta Community Credit Union (“DCCU”), prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies, Don Jagoda Associates, Inc. (“Administrator”), and each of their respective agents, representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, and employees (collectively, the “Releasees”), and each of their immediate family members (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and individuals living in the same households of each of these individuals, whether related or not, are not eligible to enter or win. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. The Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law.
3. SWEEPSTAKES TIMING/DESCRIPTION: Begins at 12:00:00 AM Pacific Time (“PT”) on July 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on August 15, 2021 (“Promotion Period”). There will be one (1) Grand Prize winner, selected in a random drawing at the end of the Promotion Period from among all eligible entries received.
4. TO ENTER: There are two (2) ways to enter:
AUTOMATIC ENTRY: An eligible Delta Community Visa cardholder will automatically receive one (1) Sweepstakes entry for each eligible Visa purchase made with his/her/their Delta Community Visa consumer credit card or Delta Community Visa consumer debit card during the Promotion Period at a participating merchant location in the U.S. Only eligible Visa purchases or payments made with an eligible Delta Community Visa card that is not in default under the customer agreement for that account and issued by Delta Community Credit Union in the U.S., processed through Visa U.S.A. Inc.'s transaction-processing system during the Promotion Period, are eligible for automatic entry. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a particular cardholder entry, such entry will be deemed to be submitted by the primary person in whose name the card used to enter the Sweepstakes was issued. Account adjustment transactions/returns, cash advances, balance transfers, non-U.S.-dollar purchases, Interlink®-processed transactions, purchases authorized by entering a PIN (personal identification number), payment of late fees or over-limit fees, and Visa health and benefit card transactions are excluded from automatic entry. Other restrictions and exclusions may apply. Delta Community Visa cards or card numbers that are stolen, fraudulent, tampered with, or otherwise altered are not eligible for automatic entry. Automatic entries must be made by 11:59:59 PM PT on August 15, 2021 in order to be eligible for the random drawing.
TO ENTER BY MAIL WITHOUT PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION: Hand-print your complete name, street address, city, state, ZIP code, and daytime and evening telephone numbers (including area code), and valid email address, on a plain piece of 3" x 5" paper, and mail it in a business-size (#10) envelope with sufficient postage affixed, to: Olympic & Paralympic Games Host City Visa Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7748, Melville, NY 11775-7748. Mailed entries must be postmarked between July 1, 2021 and August 15, 2021, and received by August 23, 2021, in order to be included in the random drawing. Enter as often as you wish; however, each mailed entry will count as one (1) entry into the random drawing and must be mailed in a separate, postmarked-and-stamped envelope. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, or inaccurate and entries by any means which subvert the entry process are void. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER/WINNER NOTIFICATION: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be selected on or about September 7, 2021 from among all eligible automatic and mailed entries received. Random drawing will be conducted under the direction of Administrator, an independent judging organization. Administrator’s and Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winner will be notified by email and/or telephone within five (5) business days of random drawing date. Potential winner will be required to verify their eligibility by digitally completing and securely signing and returning a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and Publicity Release where legal, within five (5) business days of notification. Non-compliance within this time frame and/or with these Official Rules; Sponsor’s inability to contact the potential winner within a reasonable time period; or prize or prize notification returned as undeliverable will result in potential winner’s disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner.
6. ODDS: The estimated odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 10,308,262; however, the actual odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
7. PRIZE AND ITS APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There is one (1) Grand Prize to be awarded. One (1) eligible winner will receive a trip for two (2) people (winner and one (1) guest) to the winner’s choice of one (1) of the following past Olympic and/or Paralympic Games Host Cities (“Grand Prize Trip”): Los Angeles, CA USA; Salt Lake City, UT USA; Montreal, Canada; or Sydney, Australia (each a “Host City”), as follows:
5-Day/4-Night Trip to Los Angeles, CA USA: Prize includes round-trip economy class air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Los Angeles, CA, use of a rental SUV for duration of trip, a 4-night stay (one (1) premier balcony room, double occupancy) including breakfast daily at the Maybourne Beverly Hills Hotel (subject to change based on availability), one (1) half-day private tour of Los Angeles, Beverly Hills and Hollywood with multimedia or similar and one (1) Los Angeles bike tour or similar, each to be designated by Sponsor, and $2,000 spending money allowance (awarded in the form of a check to winner). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $4,000 cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV: $13,600.
5-Day/4-Night Trip to Salt Lake City, UT USA: Prize includes round-trip economy class air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Salt Lake City, UT, use of a rental SUV for duration of trip, a 4-night stay (one (1) luxury mountain view suite with fireplace and hot tub, double occupancy) at the Stein Eriksen Lodge at Deer Valley in Park City, UT (subject to change based on availability), one (1) full-day Park City Grand tour or similar to be designated by Sponsor, and $2,000 spending money allowance (awarded in the form of a check to winner). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $7,000 cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV: $24,500.
5-Day/4-Night Trip to Montréal, Quebec Canada: Prize includes round-trip economy class air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Montréal Quebec, use of a rental SUV for duration of trip, a 4-night stay (one (1) bedroom suite with fireplace, double occupancy) at the Ritz Carlton Montréal Hotel (subject to change based on availability), one (1) helicopter tour over Montréal or similar and one (1) Secret Food Tour Montréal or similar, each to be designated by Sponsor, and $2,000 spending money allowance (awarded in the form of a check to winner). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $5,200 cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV: $18,000.
8-Day/7-Night Trip to Sydney, Australia: Prize includes round-trip economy class air transportation for two (2) people from a major U.S. gateway airport nearest the winner’s home to Sydney, Australia, round-trip ground transportation between airport and hotel, a 7-night stay (one (1) harbour view room, double occupancy) at the Park Hyatt Sydney Hotel (subject to change based on availability), one (1) Blue Mountain tour or similar to be designated by Sponsor, and $2,000 spending money allowance (awarded in the form of a check to winner). In addition to the aforementioned prize, $8,300 cash (for winner only) will be awarded in the form of a check to winner that can be used toward the payment of income taxes associated with the prize. ARV: $28,600.
Actual value of Grand Prize Trip depends upon the Grand Prize winner’s point of departure and choice of Host City, existing rates at time of travel, and any difference between the stated ARV and the actual value if any, will not be awarded.
Grand Prize Trip Restrictions
If winner is at least 18, but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian will be required to accompany minor winner on the Grand Prize Trip. Grand Prize winner and guest must complete travel within eighteen (18) months of the award date (“Travel Period”) and must book Grand Prize Trip a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to travel. If the Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel during the Travel Period for any reason, including not being able to comply with any public or private travel restrictions, Grand Prize winner forfeits his/her rights to the Grand Prize and no compensation will be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right to change dates for Grand Prize Trip. Guest of winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless a child or legal ward of winner. Guest must execute a release of liability prior to travel unless a minor then winner will be required to execute and return such documents on behalf of such child or legal ward. Grand Prize Trip is subject to airline/flight times and hotel availability and other conditions and restrictions including public health restrictions. If the winner lives within 100 miles of selected Host City, the air transportation portion of Grand Prize Trip will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation or substitution will be provided. SUV rental is subject to additional restrictions set forth by SUV rental agreement. If winner does not meet rental requisites/requirements, that portion of the prize will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. SUV must be returned with a full tank of gas. Airline/flight times to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion; one or more stopovers may be required. Once Grand Prize Trip has been booked, no change, extension or substitution of Grand Prize Trip dates is permitted except by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from any changes to itinerary or accommodations made by a prize winner and/or his/her guest. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or similar items once they are in winner’s possession or in the possession of a guest. Releasees shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions, or any acts or omissions whatsoever by the air carrier(s), hotel, or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Prize conditions may be added or modified by companies providing those portions of the prize. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions at time of travel. The winner and guest are solely responsible for complying with all travel requirements and restrictions, and for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., valid government issued photo ID) in order to travel, including but not limited to a U.S. Passport, Visa or approved Electronic Travel Authority if applicable to Host City, as well as travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance), that they may wish to obtain for the Grand Prize Trip (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Releasees have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for the Grand Prize Trip. Winner and his/her guest must arrive at the designated U.S. gateway airport in time for the flight. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer thereon. If any portion of the Grand Prize Trip after booking is unable to take place as planned for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts, lockout, labor dispute, strike, inclement weather, a pandemic, a public health emergency, or any other event of Force Majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded (and Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled. All travel is subject to any and all advisories, restrictions or requirements instituted by the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and/or the U.S. Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, as required, including but not limited to passing one (1) or more COVID-19 antigen and screening tests and testing negative for COVID-19 and executing any assumption of risk or other documents relating to COVID-19.
8. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding. By accepting a prize, each winner consents to the use of his/her/their name, image, likeness, photograph, voice, and biographical material for advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes by Sponsor in any and all media now or hereafter devised, including but not limited to, any online announcements, worldwide in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, or permission, except where prohibited by law. Entrants release and hold harmless Releasees from any claims, actions, injury, loss, or damage of any kind, including but not limited to, personal injury or death, resulting, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participating in this Sweepstakes or from the acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any prize (including any activity related thereto). This limitation of liability is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages; loss of data, income or profit; loss or damage to property; and claims of third parties. Entrants agree that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, statutory, express or implied (including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, title, and fitness for a particular purpose), in fact or in law, relative to the Sweepstakes. No substitution, cash equivalent, or transfer of any prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) with one of equal or greater value, except as otherwise provided herein. Any and all other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically stated within these Official Rules as being provided, are the sole responsibility of the winner, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes, additional transportation, additional excursions, tips or gratuities, in-room charges, meals and beverages not specified, baggage fees, upgrades, and any other incidental travel costs. Winner must comply with any and all applicable hotel check-in requirements, such as presentation of a major credit card. If winner is at least 18, but still considered a minor in his/her state or place of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian, who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner as set forth herein. Prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
9. GENERAL: Sponsor will collect information from the entrants solely for the purpose of the prize drawing and to notify winner. Sponsor will not share this information with any third party (except as necessary for the administration of the Sweepstakes) nor attempt to contact entrant, unless entrant has agreed to receive further information on Sponsor’s products and promotions. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, undelivered, damaged, delayed, garbled, postage-due, or stolen mail, entries, and transactions; for transactions that are lost, misdirected, or fail to enter into the processing system, or are processed, reported, or transmitted late or incorrectly; or for any other errors or problems of any kind, whether typographical, printing, mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, any error or problem that may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend part or all of this Sweepstakes at any time without notice and for any reason including, if in the Administrator’s opinion there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or integrity and proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may void any entries it suspects are at issue and, at its discretion, if terminated, award prize in a random drawing from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the date of cancellation. Caution: Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate these Official Rules or interfere with this Sweepstakes in any manner.
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor. The value of the prize will be taxable to winner as income. Sponsor will issue winner an IRS FORM 1099-MISC for the value of the prize as it is valued at $600 or more. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of the prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the winner. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes.
11. GOVERNING LAW/DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues/questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. Jurisdiction and venue shall be solely within the State of California.
12. FORCE MAJEURE: In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received to award the prize and/or Sponsor is prevented from awarding the prize or continuing with this Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state/provincial or local government law, order, regulation, or guideline, public health crisis or pandemic (e.g., Coronavirus), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, regardless of whether any such cause was foreseeable (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate this Sweepstakes. If this Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the potential winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
13. ARBITRATION: Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that (i) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest the participant; (ii) the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (iii) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with participating in this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. WINNER LIST: For the name of the prize winner, available after September 30, 2021, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 30, 2021, to: Olympic & Paralympic Games Host City Visa Sweepstakes Winner, c/o Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.
15. SPONSOR & ADMINISTRATOR: Sponsor: Visa U.S.A. Inc., P.O. Box 8999, San Francisco, CA 94128-8999. Administrator: Don Jagoda Associates, Inc., 100 Marcus Drive, Melville, NY 11747.