Delta Community Insights for September 2021
New Full-Service Branch to Open in Woodstock
We’re thrilled to announce that we’ll be opening a new metro Atlanta branch in Woodstock in early 2022. The full-service branch will be located at 285 Molly Lane near the intersection of I-575 and Highway 92. Our Woodstock Branch will offer a full suite of banking services, as well as four drive-thru lanes and two ATMs. We look forward to serving members, and welcoming new ones, with this new, convenient location. Follow us on Facebook for updates regarding the progress and opening of the Woodstock Branch.
Win $10,000 for Your School
The fifth annual $10,000 Give Back Giveaway with Jenn Hobby and Star 94 is accepting applicants! The contest invites metro Atlanta students to organize a service project with their classmates to bring hope, joy and positive change to their communities.
Projects from five schools will be selected for awards as follows: three finalists will receive $1,000 each, one runner-up will receive $2,000 and one grand prize winner will receive $10,000. Organizations can use the prize money to help with virtual learning, books, school supplies or whatever else they need. Listen to Star 94 for all of the details and learn more about last year’s winner!
Delta Community's 2021 Pay and Get Paid $1,000 Sweepstakes
Making payments could really pay off! Each time you make a qualified transaction with Delta Community’s Bill Pay or send a payment with Zelle® between September 1 and October 31, you’ll be entered for a chance to win the Delta Community 2021 Pay and Get Paid $1,000 Sweepstakes!1 Qualifying transactions include adding and paying a new biller ($10 minimum payment required), activating a new eBill,2 setting up an automatic payment3 and sending $5 or more to anyone using Zelle.4 Don’t miss your chance to win $1,000. Use Bill Pay and Zelle today!
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in August
We recently presented two more grants from our 2021 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $10,000 to the organizations listed below:
- Rising Phoenix Enrichment Program, pictured left, was awarded $5,000 for their Financial Literacy Bootcamp, which will help foster competence and confidence in the basics of financial literacy for middle and high school students through online, classroom and game-based education.
- Operation Lunchbox, pictured right, received $5,000 for their Feeding Children in Need Program, which helps provide weekly groceries to students and families in need.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $125,000 throughout 2021 in 20 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
Earn More with Our Visa® Platinum Rewards Card
Earning rewards has never been easier! Our Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card is great for everyone and offers the opportunity to earn a wide array of rewards. You’ll have the benefits of no annual fee, automatic enrollment in our Reward Points Program, up to 10,000 Reward Points5 as a head start and 1.5% Cash Rebates for balances transferred within the first 90 days of account opening.6 In addition, you can easily manage your cards in our Mobile App and Online Banking with our new Card Management tools. To apply, log in to Online Banking or our Mobile App and select Apply for a Loan, or call our Loan Consultant Group at 844-544-9478. Enjoy the spending power of a Delta Community Visa Platinum Rewards Credit Card!
Finanical Education Center Honored with Desjardins Award
Delta Community’s Financial Education Center was recently honored with two Desjardins Awards from the League of Southeastern Credit Unions & Affiliates (LSCU). These honors are presented to credit unions that show leadership in adult and youth financial literacy education and initiatives.
This is the fifth consecutive year our Financial Education Center has won the statewide Desjardins Award for Adult Financial Education and the fourth consecutive year it received a statewide Desjardins Award for Youth Financial Education. We are proud to support and strengthen our community through education.
Financial Education Center Seminars
At Delta Community, we believe knowledge is the key to reaching your financial goals and establishing good habits. That’s why we’re offering a series of workshops each month focusing on a different aspect of personal finance. Whether you’re planning for a major milestone or trying to better manage your finances, our Financial Education Center offers the tools to help you achieve financial success.
Our September series will focus on Financial Fitness. We’ll discuss how to get on the right path to financial success, how to recover after a financial hardship, steps you can take to improve your credit score and ways to build your savings.
Check our Events & Seminars page for more information on upcoming seminars.
- Be Careful with Public Wi-Fi Networks: With summer comes increased travel for vacation. When we travel our mobile phones, laptops, and tablets are usually coming with us. Just as you have to increase your precautions when traveling during a pandemic, it’s also important to be cautious about how your decvices are connected to public internet networks when we’re outside of the private networks in our home or office; it shouldn’t be assumed that a public network is a safe network. Here are a few tips about connecting more safely in public.
- Be A Loan Ranger—How A Solo, Personal Loan Can Help You: A Delta Community Personal Loan is an unsecured installment loan you can use pretty much however you want. An unsecured loan is provided by a financial institution based on the borrower's creditworthiness, rather than by the borrower providing an asset of value, known as the collateral, to secure against the value of the loan. Having good credit is necessary in order to be accepted for a personal loan, just as it's required to get any other sort of loan or a credit card. Read more about how a personal loan can help you.
As of July 31, 2021
- Assets: $8.7B
- Deposits: $7.7B
- Loans: $4.9B
- Members: 452,260
Monday, September 6
Member Care: 800-544-3328
Home Loans: 866-963-7811
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BE™
1 From September 1, 2021 – October 31, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”) (1) use Delta Community’s Bill Pay service to (a) add a new payee and make a payment to the payee, (b) activate a new eBill or (c) set up a new AutoPay or (2) use Zelle connected to your Delta Community account to make an external transfer of $5 or more and you’ll be automatically entered to win one (1) of five (5) prizes, each consisting of a $1,000 cash deposit into the winner’s Delta Community Savings Account as part of our Delta Community 2021 Pay and Get Paid $1,000 Sweepstakes! For complete contest rules and details visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/PayandGetPaidSweepstakesRules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to U.S. citizens at least eighteen (18) years of age who are either Delta Community Credit Union members as of August 30, 2021 or residents of the counties in Delta Community Credit Union’s field of membership. Residents of Florida are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes. Mail-in entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.
2 eBill is an electronic version of a paper bill sent directly to you when a new statement is made available. eBills are sent from a biller to your Delta Community Bill Pay account the same way a paper bill arrives to your home mailbox. Our Bill Pay allows you to view all your eBills—as well as account balances, transactions and statement information—in one convenient place. Also, for additional convenience, you can set up email notifications for when a new eBill arrives in your Bill Pay account. You can set up eBills for any payee that displays an active eBill link in the Bill Pay Payment Center. Just click eBill and follow the simple steps.
3 AutoPay is a means to set up repeating payments in Online Bill Pay. You can set up AutoPay for any company or person you pay regularly. You can set up and manage AutoPay and Reminders from the Payment Center. You can set up payments to be made based on a schedule that works best for you. You can change or stop AutoPay at any time.
4 Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH EARLY WARNING SERVICES, LLC OR ZELLE.
5. The 10,000 Reward Points will be awarded if you spend a net total of $2,500 in signature-based purchase transaction (without the use of a PIN) minus return transactions within 90 days of account opening. Balance transfers and cash advances do not count toward spend requirement. To qualify, purchases must post within 90 days of account opening. You will not qualify for this offer if you are in default of your Delta Community Visa Consumer Credit Card agreement. To receive points, account must be in good standing, with deposit balances above zero dollars; any applicable loan payments current; and all accounts in compliance with any other terms, conditions and governing requirements.
6. The minimum balance transfer amount is $500. Balance Transfers from loans or credit cards held at Delta Community do not qualify for this Cash Rebate. Balance Transfer requests cannot be transferred or used by any persons other than the primary cardholder on the account. You will not qualify for this offer if you are in default of your Delta Community Visa Card Agreement. The Cash Rebate will be calculated as 1.5% of the balance(s) transferred and will be credited to your Primary Savings Account after the balance(s) transferred has revolved for two consecutive billing cycles. See the Balance Transfer Request form within Online Banking for additional Terms & Conditions.