- Personal BankingCredit Cards Visa Platinum Rewards Card Visa Signature Credit Card Balance Transfer Additional Card Benefits Reward PointsRetirement & Investments About Retirement & Investments Wealth Management Team Early Retirement Account View Login WealthVisionInsurance Identity Theft Protection Personal Insurance
- Small BusinessSmall Business Banking Small Business Overview Small Business Checking Small Business Credit Card Small Business Savings Small Business Online BankingCompany Benefits Company Benefits Employee Benefits Employer BenefitsMerchant Services Merchant Services
- CommunityCommunity Involvement Community Financial Education Center Member Assistance Programs PartnersPhilanthropy Credit Union for Kids Delta Air Lines Funds Philanthropic FundScholarships HBCU Scholarship Scholarships
- Knowledge CenterBlogs & Media Blog Posts Media SpotsCalculators Auto Calculators College Calculators Credit Calculators Home & Mortgage Calculators Retirement Calculators Savings CalculatorsSecurity & Privacy Center Card Security Fraud Prevention ID Theft Online and Mobile Security Security Posts
Welcome, log in to Online Banking
What to Know About Card Security
Delta Community is continually working to protect your information while providing you the best member experience possible. Below is some information you may find useful to help protect the security of your Delta Community Visa® Debit and Credit Cards, as well as help prevent identity theft.
How We Help Protect You
Delta Community employs a number of tools and offers many free benefits to help protect you from fraud:
- Your card is monitored for suspicious activity with our 24-hour fraud monitoring service, supported by Visa®. We've partnered with their fraud team to help identify transactions that may be fraudulent.
- If we suspect fraudulent activity on your Visa cards, you may receive a SMS/text message to your mobile phone between 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. in your time zone. This easy, convenient and free service allows you to respond quickly to Delta Community and let us know if a recent transaction is legitimate. Please note that we will never ask for confidential information such as your full account number or PIN via text or phone call. Learn more about Short Message Service (SMS) Credit and Debit Card Fraud Alerts.
- Delta Community’s Visa Debit and Credit Cards are enhanced with smart chip technology. When used at chip-enabled terminals, a unique, one-time code is created for each transaction so it’s virtually impossible to replicate in a counterfeit card. Chip cards offer enhanced fraud protection, are accepted worldwide and are easy to use.
- With your Delta Community Visa Cards, you are protected by Visa’s Zero Liability if fraudulent charges post to your account. We strongly encourage all cardholders to regularly review their account activity in Online or Mobile Banking and on their statements and contact us immediately at 800-544-3328 if they see any unauthorized activity.
- Delta Community offers a variety of account alerts, such as large withdrawal and balance updates, that can help you monitor your accounts. To set up Alerts, log in to Online Banking and select Account Management.
- With Mobile Payments, including Apply Pay®, Android Pay™ (Google Pay) and Samsung Pay, you can securely make purchases in-store or with a touch in-app, without sharing your credit and debit card information with the merchant.
- Our Mobile App allows you to securely check balances, make payments and deposits and transfer funds from anywhere.
- Your Delta Community Visa Cards are automatically enrolled in Verified by Visa which offers additional layers of protection when shopping online. This service helps prevent unauthorized online use before it happens. Its advanced risk detection technology monitors online transactions so you don’t need to use a password, which allows for seamless and secure online shopping.
- Enjoy an easy, smart and secure digital checkout experience when you click to pay with your Delta Community Visa Debit or Credit Card when you see this icon where Visa is accepted.
Set up account alerts to help you monitor your accounts. Among the alerts you can choose:
- Large withdrawal
- Large deposit
- Loan payment updates
- Low balance
- Balance updates
- Payment reminders
To set up Alerts, log in to Online Banking and select Account Management.
For More Information
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) is the nation’s consumer protection agency and offers information on a variety of topics at www.consumer.ftc.gov. Available information includes:
- How to protect yourself from identity theft, what to do if your identity’s been compromised and sample letters to help resolve your identity theft .
- How to understand your credit report, what to do if you see errors and sample letters in case there’s a dispute.
- What to know and what to do about recent scams in the news.
How You Can Help Protect Yourself
There are several simple things you can do to help protect your information:
- Enroll in Online Banking and Bill Pay. Consider signing up for Online Statements and eBills—they can’t be lost in the mail or stolen from your mailbox.
- Monitor your accounts frequently for unusual activity. Sign up for Delta Community’s free Alerts & Notifications service. Log in to Online Banking and select Alerts and Notifications from the Account Management tab.
- Keep your contact information with us current, including your mobile phone number and email address. In Online Banking, select the Account Management tab, or stop by any branch. If you have a joint cardholder on your account, remember to update their information as well.
- Change your passwords frequently and consider using a Password Manager. There are several free options, or you can pay for more advanced features.
- Take advantage of our Card Management tools in our Mobile App and Online Banking. This service allows you to set card alerts, lock and unlock cards, notify Delta Community of upcoming travel, and cancel a lost or stolen card.
- Keep a list of your card numbers and expiration dates, along with customer service phone numbers for each, in a safe place in your home. This will allow you to quickly report any loss.
- Check your credit report regularly. By federal law, you can obtain a free credit report from each of the three major credit reporting agencies every 12 months. Simply go online at AnnualCreditReport.com or call 877-322-8228.
- Consider a credit freeze or fraud alert on your credit. The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) provides a good overview on both.
- Carry only cards you need at any given time in case of theft or loss. That way, there are fewer companies to contact if you need to freeze your card.
- When using an ATM, cover the PIN pad with your hand when entering your PIN to help ward off “skimming” attacks. Also, consider using an ATM at a financial institution rather than in a high traffic or touristy area. Find a Delta Community location or one of thousands of surcharge-free ATMs available to you in the CO-OP ATM Network.
- Through our subsidiary, Members Insurance Advisors, LLC., you can sign up for Identity Theft Protection coverage.
- Avoid giving out your credit, debit or any bank account number over the phone unless you initiate the call.
- Keep your antivirus and other security software up to date.
- Don't send sensitive information or conduct banking activities on a public, unsecured Wi-Fi network.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
You can report your Delta Community Visa Debit or Credit Card lost or stolen in several ways:
- Call Delta Community in the U.S. or Canada at 800-544-3328, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Log in to your account and select Card Management under the Additional Services menu in Online Banking or under More in our Mobile App. You can also submit a secure message.
- Visit any Delta Community branch.
- When travelling outside of the U.S. or Canada, you can call Visa collect at 410-581-9994. You can also view Visa’s overseas toll-free numbers.
Once reported, we’ll block your card and issue you a new one. If reported online or by phone, you’ll receive your new card within 10 business days. If reported in a Delta Community branch, you’ll get a new card immediately.
If you suspect that you have unauthorized charges to your account, contact us immediately at 800-544-3328.