Important COVID-19 Updates
Updated April 9, 2021
At Delta Community, we put our members first. While our top priority is helping you manage your finances every day, we also very much care about the personal well-being of you and your family. That's why we wanted to let you know what we're doing to help ensure the health and safety of our members and employees to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.
New Round of Economic Impact (Stimulus) Payments
The U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) have been sending economic impact payments (through direct deposit to an account, paper check or prepaid debit card in the U.S. mail) to eligible Americans to help them pay expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic. Delta Community has been notified by the federal government that recent direct deposit stimulus payments to Delta Community members will have an effective date of Wednesday, April 14. Additional details on the program are available on our blog. We strongly recommend checking the IRS website at www.irs.gov on an ongoing basis for updates regarding this important program.
Branch Lobby Operations
We will continually adjust branch operations to help us more effectively institute social distancing and other preventive health measures.
Our branch lobbies are accommodating walk-ins Monday through Friday, in addition to scheduled appointments and drive-thru service where drive-thru operations are available. On Saturdays, Delta Community branch lobbies will only be accessible by appointment, while drive-thru lanes, where available, will continue to operate as normal.
- Because we were unable to adhere to the Center for Disease Control guidelines of maintaining six-feet distance between members, staff and Kroger customers, we closed and will not be reopening our Suwanee (Kroger) Branch.
- Branches that support Delta Air Lines and are in secure airport or Delta corporate locations are also open, including the TOC (Technical Operations Center), GO (General Offices), Atlanta Airport and Salt Lake City branches.
Below are other helpful details about our branches and ATMs during this time:
- To book a branch appointment, book online using our calendaring tool. For a detailed list of services available in our branches with drive-thrus, visit our Branch Services page.
- All Delta Community ATMs remain in operation.
- Delta Community employees are wearing face masks and completing daily health screenings at the beginning of the workday to confirm they are in good health and able to work.
- Due to local and/or state government ordinances, members visiting some of our branches will be required to wear masks or a face covering over the nose and mouth inside the branch, including the Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth and Salt Lake City branches.
- Social distancing markers are positioned on branch flooring to direct members awaiting teller service.
- Cough guards and stanchions are in place to ensure safe physical distancing in branch lobbies.
Additionally, we encourage you to take advantage of Delta Community's self-service channels such as Online Banking and our Mobile App to check balances, pay bills, deposit checks or transfer funds. And, we continue to offer dedicated, 24/7 member care assistance by phone through our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 800-544-3328.
Financial Hardship: For members who suffer financial hardships due to illness or a layoff from work due to COVID-19, Delta Community offers member assistance programs, including fee waivers, deferrals, payment holidays, reduced payments, and/or a short-term Personal Loan on a case-by-case basis. Please read our blog for more details on programs for members. For more information, call our Member Care Center at 800-544-3328.
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loans: Delta Community has been making Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans as administered by the Small Business Administration (SBA) and will accept new applications from our existing members via our online portal through earlier of May 5, 2021 or the date the funding cap is reached. In order to be eligible for an SBA First Draw PPP loan with Delta Community, you must currently have a Business Membership with the Credit Union. In order to be eligible for an SBA Second Draw PPP loan with Delta Community, you must have received your first PPP loan through the Credit Union. Members can log in to Online Banking and click the link “Small Business PPP” for next steps.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and remain committed to providing you consistent, exceptional care—today and always.