Important COVID-19 Updates
Updated August 29, 2020
At Delta Community, we put our members first. While our top priority is helping you manage your finances every day, we also very much care about the personal well-being of you and your family. That’s why we wanted to let you know what we’re doing to help ensure the health and safety of our members and employees to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus, COVID-19.
Branch Lobby Operations
As Georgia reopens businesses under Governor Kemp's Executive Order for Reviving a Healthy Georgia, we will continually adjust branch operations to help us more effectively institute social distancing and other preventive health measures.
Until further notice, our branch lobbies will accommodate walk-ins Monday through Friday, in addition to scheduled appointments and drive-thru service where drive-thru operations are available. On Saturdays, Delta Community branch lobbies will only be accessible by appointment, while drive-thru lanes, where available, will continue to operate as normal.
- Our Buford and Canton branches, both located inside Kroger stores, have reopened as of August 31. However, because we are unable to adhere to the Center for Disease Control guidelines of maintaining six-feet distance between members, staff and Kroger customers, we will not be reopening our Suwanee (Kroger) Branch.
- Branches that support Delta Air Lines and are located in secure airport or Delta corporate locations will remain open, including the TOC (Technical Operations Center), GO (General Offices), Atlanta Airport and Salt Lake City branches.
Below are other helpful details about our branches and ATMs during this time:
- To book a branch appointment, book online using our calendaring tool. For a detailed list of services available in our branches with drive-thrus, visit our Branch Services page.
- All Delta Community ATMs will remain in operation.
- Delta Community employees will wear face masks and complete daily health screenings at the beginning of the workday to confirm they are in good health and able to work.
- Due to local and/or state government ordinances, members visiting some of our branches will be required to wear masks or a face covering over the nose and mouth inside the branch, including the Cincinnati, Dallas-Fort Worth and Salt Lake City branches.
- Social distancing markers will be positioned on branch flooring to direct members awaiting teller service.
- Cough guards and stanchions will be used to ensure safe physical distancing in branch lobbies.
Additionally, we encourage you to take advantage of Delta Community’s self-service channels such as Online Banking and our Mobile App to check balances, pay bills, deposit checks or transfer funds. And, we continue to offer dedicated, 24/7 member care assistance by phone through our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) system at 800-544-3328.
Financial Hardship: For members who may suffer financial hardships due to illness or a layoff from work due to COVID-19, Delta Community will offer member assistance programs, including fee waivers, deferrals, payment holidays, reduced payments, and/or a short-term Personal Loan on a case-by-case basis. For more information, call our Member Care Center at 800-544-3328.
SBA Loans and the CARES Act: Delta Community has been making loans to existing members with commercial accounts under the Paycheck Protection Program as administered by the Small Business Administration (SBA). Due to the volume of applications received, we have suspended taking any new applications. All applications in process will be thoroughly reviewed for eligibility as quickly as possible.
Economic Impact Payments and Tax Relief: Note that the U.S. Treasury Department and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) are sending economic impact payments (through direct deposit to an account or by a paper check in the U.S. mail) to eligible Americans to help them pay expenses during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can visit the government's Get My Payment page to check the status of your payment and also read their Get My Payments FAQs. These government agencies are also providing tax relief, and we recommend checking the IRS website at https://www.irs.gov/ on an ongoing basis for updates regarding these important programs.
We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and remain committed to providing you consistent, exceptional care—today and always.