Insights for February 2019
Delta Community-Carvana $20k Car Giveaway
During the month of February, if you apply for and take funding of a Delta Community Car Loan, Other Vehicle Loan or Personal Loan, you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a car in the Delta Community-Carvana $20k Car Giveaway.1
That’s right, in addition to our great loan rates, easy online application and electronic closing process; you could win a car valued at up to $20,000.
You’ll be able to choose from Carvana’s inventory of over 10,000 cars from the comfort of your couch. Apply online or by visiting one of our branches today!
HBCU Scholarship Application Period Now Open
Throughout 2019, Delta Community is awarding $10,000 in scholarships to select students of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs). We are now accepting nominations for our first quarter HBCU Scholarship.
If you know an exceptional student currently attending a Georgia HBCU or a graduating high school senior who has received an official acceptance letter to a Georgia HBCU, tell us why they deserve to receive a $2,500 scholarship.
Delta Community will select one winner from among the most compelling submissions. The HBCU Scholarship is part of our annual Scholarship Program. Visit our website for more information about the HBCU Scholarship and nominate someone, or yourself, today!
Canton Branch Celebrates 10th Anniversary
Last month, we celebrated the 10th anniversary of our Canton Branch. During the ceremony, CEO Hank Halter presented an award to Branch Manager Connie Hopkins, who helped open the branch 10 years ago, and thanked the team for their hard work and dedication to our members.
In the last decade, the Canton Branch has added more than 8,000 new members. We are proud to support and serve the Cherokee County community.
Philanthropic Fund Grants Awarded in January
We recently presented the first three grants from our 2019 Philanthropic Fund, totaling $9,500, to the organizations listed below:
- Meals on Wheels Atlanta received $3,500 to support senior independence through meals, shelter, education and community.
- Martin Luther King, Sr. Community Resources Complex accepted an award of $5,000 to benefit its Helping Our Members in Emergencies (H.O.M.E.) Program. Funds will be used to assist families who need secure housing and transportation as they work to achieve more stable positions.
- Center for Black Women’s Wellness received $1,000 for their Women’s Economic Self-Sufficiency (WESSP) Program, which addresses the lack of financial education to current and aspiring female entrepreneurs from low-to-moderate income communities. WESSP provides these women with special workshops, networking opportunities and a monetary award via a business plan competition.
The Delta Community Philanthropic Fund will invest a total of $100,000 throughout 2019 to 24 metro Atlanta non-profit organizations that support the physical and financial needs of people who live within the communities we serve.
New Delta Community TV Ads
Keep an eye out for our new television commercials, airing now! At Delta Community, we strive to help our members achieve their goals faster. We do so because we’re a different type of financial institution that’s owned by our members. That means getting rid of annoying fees, offering better rates and providing personalized service and honest advice from people you can really trust. View the commercials on our website, and see how we can help make your financial goals a reality.
End-of-Year Tax Documents Now Available
It’s tax season! Delta Community members enrolled in Online Statements will be able to access their 2018 tax documents in Online Banking and the Mobile App. If your account(s) have earned at least $10.00 in interest during the calendar year, a tax document will be presented with your December 2018 statements. You can view and download your documents or print hard copies should you need them.
If you are not currently registered to receive your Delta Community statements online, you can quickly and easily sign-up now and get both your account statements and tax documents today! Simply log in to Online Banking and select Online Statements under the Additional Services tab.
Documents available for downloading in Online Banking include: 1098, 1098E, 1099, 1099-A, 1099-C, 1099-INT, 1099-Q, 1099-R and 1099SA.2
Sticking to Your Financial New Year Resolutions: With the vim and vigor of the new year fading, we sometimes find it difficult to keep up with the resolutions that we made. Read four easy tips to help stick to your goals, from one of our trusted financial advisors.
As of December 31, 2018:
Assets: $5.8B | Deposits: $5B
Loans: $4.6B | Members: 390,904
Monday, February 18
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Apply for and take funding of a Delta Community Credit Union Consumer Loan between February 1, 2019 and February 28, 2019 (“Sweepstakes Period”) and you’ll be automatically entered for a chance to win a car as part of our Delta Community-Carvana $20k Car Giveaway. Consumer Loan means a Vehicle Loan or Personal Loan. For complete contest rules and details, visit DeltaCommunityCU.com/CarGiveawayRules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to U.S. citizens 18 years of age or older who, as of the date of entry, are members of Delta Community Credit Union residing in the state of Georgia and/or legal residents of one of the various designated counties in Georgia. Eligible nonmembers who apply and fund a Vehicle or Personal loan during the Sweepstakes Period will be automatically entered. Mail-in entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry. Entry in this promotion or acceptance of any prize constitutes acceptance of the Official Contest Rules.
2. A 1099 Form will only generate for accounts that have earned at least $10.00 in interest during the calendar year.
NCUA This credit union is federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration.