As of August 31, 2020:
Assets: $7.4B | Deposits: $6.5B
Loans: $4.9B | Members: 424,802
Monday, October 12
2020 Holiday Closings
EVERYTHING YOUR BANK SHOULD BETM
1. Rates expressed as Annual Percentage Rate (APR). Rates are based on creditworthiness and term of loan. Income verification may be required. APR available October 1 – October 31, 2020.
2. Restrictions apply. Member can defer first payment up to 60 days. Finance charges continue to accrue as of the loan date. Member is responsible for all payments.
3.From September 1, 2020 – October 31, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”) (1) use Delta Community’s Online Bill Pay service to (a) add a new payee and make a payment to the payee, (b) activate a new eBill or (c) set up a new AutoPay or (2) use Zelle connected to your Delta Community account to make an external transfer and you'll be automatically entered to win one (1) of five (5) prizes, each consisting of a $1,000 cash deposit into the winner’s Delta Community Savings Account as part of our Delta Community Pay and Get Paid $1,000 Sweepstakes! For complete contest rules and details visit www.DeltaCommunityCU.com/PayandGetPaidSweepstakesRules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Alternative method of entry available, by way of mail-in entries postmarked during the Sweepstakes Period. Sweepstakes open to U.S. citizens at least eighteen (18) years of age who are either Delta Community Credit Union members as of August 31, 2020 or residents of the counties in Delta Community Credit Union’s field of membership. Residents of Florida are not eligible to enter this sweepstakes. Mail-in entries must be submitted on a 3x5 card to qualify for entry.
4. eBill is an electronic version of a paper bill sent directly to you when a new statement is made available. eBills are sent from a biller to your Delta Community Bill Pay account the same way a paper bill arrives to your home mailbox. Our Bill Pay allows you to view all your eBills – as well as account balances, transactions and statement information—in one convenient place. Also, for additional convenience, you can set up email notifications for when a new eBill arrives in your Bill Pay account. You can set up eBills for any payee that displays an active eBill link in the Bill Pay Payment Center. Just click eBill and follow the simple steps.
5. AutoPay is a means to set up repeating payments in Online Bill Pay. You can set up AutoPay for any company or person you pay regularly. You can set up and manage AutoPay and Reminders from the Payment Center. You can set up payments to be made based on a schedule that works best for you. You can change or stop AutoPay at any time.
6. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.